Mix my bands album for fun!

Track - Open
Mixed and Mastered by Studio x50

Sounding really nice man! Great job!

non mastered

MASTER IT YOU SWINE!!!! :D

really really great tracks....love it!! thanks!!

NP at all man! Really aggressive mix, I love it!

My mix, thanks for practice, its really awesome music!!!

Another awesome mix! Only thing I'd say is that the snare is a little too dry for my taste! Other than that. NICE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61928205/Ignorance Mix Test 1.mp3

Been sitting with Ignorance for some hours, calling it quits now, haha. Probably gonna spend some more time on vocals/solo guitar tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy with the guitar/bass/drum sound.

Guitars/Bass are all Podfarm, drums are Steven Slate Drums 4.

If anyone has any feedback on what needs fixing which my ears are probably too tired to hear right now, please comment. <:

Some of the riffs in this song..... Wow! Had a lot of fun with it and hope I did it justice m/ >< m/
https://soundcloud.com/pattarpey89/b-vera-by-kahru

NICE man!!!!! Does hit hard, guitars are a little thin and pushed back, but it still works!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61928205/Ignorance Mix Test 1.mp3

Been sitting with Ignorance for some hours, calling it quits now, haha. Probably gonna spend some more time on vocals/solo guitar tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy with the guitar/bass/drum sound.

Guitars/Bass are all Podfarm, drums are Steven Slate Drums 4.

If anyone has any feedback on what needs fixing which my ears are probably too tired to hear right now, please comment. <:

I think it's sounding a little thin man. Bass guitar isn't as present in the mix as what I've found seems to compliment our stuff the best :D

Vocals are also a little thin bro! It's certainly getting there! I just think you need to rest those ears and come back to it!

Keep me updated as this has great potential!! :D

Thanks for the interest so far buddy, great job!!!

Why "Swine"?
I have no objective instruments for mastering.
And I'm not mastering engineer, but I think mix will not must change cardinally after mastering.
May you make any comments about mixing?
Thanx,
Paul

Hey Paul, it was totally a joke man! I just find mastering helps with volume so when I listen through each mix they are easier to offer advice on, due to the fact that they are similar in volume and only the tones change. Not a problem.

Mix wise I think it's a little dull, the guitars need a pretty hefty boost in the high range and I think the snare needs some more compression and a gate to make it slap / take out the ring.

After that update us with the mix and I'll get back to you!! Great job man and thanks for taking part!!!

Damn, totally missed this, how awesome of you guys!
Any chance on the title track too?

As I listened through the album that was the song I wanted to give a shot at the most!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61928205/Ignorance Mix Test 2.mp3

There guys, I've been able to rest my ears now and have fixed a few things, haha.

As you requested, VeneMorte, the bass is a bit more present. I also redid my whole vocal chain, haha, and did some major cleaning on the kick drum, the monster was WAY too huge before, haha. Redid the lead tone too, and some other stuff. Hope you guys like it!

Again, guitars/bass all Podfarm, drums Steven Slate Drums 4.

Haven't referenced this in any other speakers, gonna do that tomorrow and if I'm happy I'll probably put this in my portfolio if that's alright? I will, of course, link to your bandcamp/Facebook page giving you some nice exposure. <:

Hey Paul, it was totally a joke man! I just find mastering helps with volume so when I listen through each mix they are easier to offer advice on, due to the fact that they are similar in volume and only the tones change. Not a problem.

Mix wise I think it's a little dull, the guitars need a pretty hefty boost in the high range and I think the snare needs some more compression and a gate to make it slap / take out the ring.

After that update us with the mix and I'll get back to you!! Great job man and thanks for taking part!!!
Thanx for comments. I will think about this..

Thank you! I think I turned the guitars down before I put a limiter on it out of fear they would get a little too intense. I'll revisit it with fresh ears :]

:D

Damn, totally missed this, how awesome of you guys!
Any chance on the title track too?

As I listened through the album that was the song I wanted to give a shot at the most!

Holy shit, I genuinely had no idea this wasn't on the list hahahaha!!!! I'll look into porting it over to the new mix man!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61928205/Ignorance Mix Test 2.mp3

There guys, I've been able to rest my ears now and have fixed a few things, haha.

As you requested, VeneMorte, the bass is a bit more present. I also redid my whole vocal chain, haha, and did some major cleaning on the kick drum, the monster was WAY too huge before, haha. Redid the lead tone too, and some other stuff. Hope you guys like it!

Again, guitars/bass all Podfarm, drums Steven Slate Drums 4.

Haven't referenced this in any other speakers, gonna do that tomorrow and if I'm happy I'll probably put this in my portfolio if that's alright? I will, of course, link to your bandcamp/Facebook page giving you some nice exposure. <:

Dude!!! Other than a snare which I'm really not a fan of, the rest is fucking NICE!!! REALLY nice job man it sounds KILLER!!! :D snare just needs to be more SLAP rather than bassy / full for me. Maybe consider a more abusive compression approach? Hahaha! Lead tones are AWESOME!

Hi guys, here's my try at Darker Days, incredible song.
https://soundcloud.com/marcolobo1/karhu-darker-days-mix
I hope you guys like it, the only thing i didn't put on is the bass drop, i can't fucking control those bastards but i'll redo it whenever i finally control it.
Great band guys, and thank you for giving us the chance to practice mixing with this files, very kind of your part.
Cheers!!

HAHAH!! Can't control those bastards hahaha :D The mix is nice man, very different from the other mixes we've had so far. A lot thinner, but not in a bad way, just a different approach. Yours is more vocal and guitar oriented which is nice for a change! I find the guitars and vocals to generally be the most driving parts in our tracks this album so nice job! Perhaps look into the missing parts such as the gang vocals and the swelling guitar half way through, I'm pretty sure I included them?

Also some of the guitar parts sound non distorted? Is that a choice or just missed?

Nice job man! Keep it up!

Thanx for comments. I will think about this..

No problem man!!! Keep it up!!!

HAHAH!! Can't control those bastards hahaha :D The mix is nice man, very different from the other mixes we've had so far. A lot thinner, but not in a bad way, just a different approach. Yours is more vocal and guitar oriented which is nice for a change! I find the guitars and vocals to generally be the most driving parts in our tracks this album so nice job! Perhaps look into the missing parts such as the gang vocals and the swelling guitar half way through, I'm pretty sure I included them?

Also some of the guitar parts sound non distorted? Is that a choice or just missed?

Nice job man! Keep it up!

Thanks for your words man! I've been listening to the whole album in your bandcamp page, i really liked the band so, i must say that the gang vocals are not included in the .rar you embedded here.
Yeah! maybe it's more guitar-oriented, worked a lot in there! There's one of those tracks that is some kind of a "melodic" guitar for the chorus, i decided to use less distortion in those parts just to make them clearer! I'm practicing right now with another one of the songs you embedded here, so, i'll be posting it when it is done. Again, thank you very much for your attitude, it is great to practice with this kind of Multitracks.
Is this album available for sale in physic format?
Thank you very much!

:D
Dude!!! Other than a snare which I'm really not a fan of, the rest is fucking NICE!!! REALLY nice job man it sounds KILLER!!! :D snare just needs to be more SLAP rather than bassy / full for me. Maybe consider a more abusive compression approach? Hahaha! Lead tones are AWESOME!

Thanks man! I actually like those kind of big, round, fat snares, so I'm probably gonna keep it that way. <:

Thanks for your words man! I've been listening to the whole album in your bandcamp page, i really liked the band so, i must say that the gang vocals are not included in the .rar you embedded here.
Yeah! maybe it's more guitar-oriented, worked a lot in there! There's one of those tracks that is some kind of a "melodic" guitar for the chorus, i decided to use less distortion in those parts just to make them clearer! I'm practicing right now with another one of the songs you embedded here, so, i'll be posting it when it is done. Again, thank you very much for your attitude, it is great to practice with this kind of Multitracks.
Is this album available for sale in physic format?
Thank you very much!

Hey man no worries! I'll look into those gang vocals! And re-upload the file soon!

And yeah man, it comes with a DVD and everything! :D you can check out our merch here: https://www.thekarhugroove.com/cart/

And the link to the album is here: https://www.thekarhugroove.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=59

We have a lot of cool stuff on our forum too for people who buy our stuff. Discounts, codes, bonus tracks, DI's etc.

You can find everything from our tour photos (EVERY live gig from tour) through to reviews and all sorts on our site man! - www.thekarhugroove.com

Thanks for the interest!

Thanks man! I actually like those kind of big, round, fat snares, so I'm probably gonna keep it that way. <:

:D Personal preferences man! :D Keep at it!

Man, very kind of you. You're the only one that post album to mix! You're band is awesome, very groovy riffs?
Anyway, it's kinda missing growled vocal on KERpaser, any chance to upload the missing files?

Thanks for the raw tracks man. I love messing around with stuff like this. I ended up editing the drum midi a little bit to make it a bit imperfect. I added a couple fills too, hope you don't mind. The guitars are Axe Fx, I'm not completely sold on em, but they sound fairly good to my ears.

Last edited by a moderator: