Mix my bands album for fun!

Thanks for the raw tracks man. I love messing around with stuff like this. I ended up editing the drum midi a little bit to make it a bit imperfect. I added a couple fills too, hope you don't mind. The guitars are Axe Fx, I'm not completely sold on em, but they sound fairly good to my ears.

Dude haha please please please fuck it up!!! I want people to make reggae versions and electronic mixes etc.. The whole album i sup here for people to literally make it whatever the fuck they want. :D

Onto the mix. it sounds a little dull on the guitars and the vocals sound like they have a chorus / flange over them? What's the chain on the vocals?

Snare is a little thin and the kicks a little too woofy rather than punchy, but it's a great start man! Keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude haha please please please fuck it up!!! I want people to make reggae versions and electronic mixes etc.. The whole album i sup here for people to literally make it whatever the fuck they want. :D

Onto the mix. it sounds a little dull on the guitars and the vocals sound like they have a chorus / flange over them? What's the chain on the vocals?

Snare is a little thin and the kicks a little too woofy rather than punchy, but it's a great start man! Keep going!
Cool man. The vocals had a doubler on them, which listening back today didn't really work. I just re did the guitars and made them a whole bunch brighter and took off the doubler from the vocals. I think this one is much better. The kick still needs some work, but good enough for me at this point. BTW, thanks for responding, I know with so many people doing mixes it can be a hassle to answer everyone.

Cool man. The vocals had a doubler on them, which listening back today didn't really work. I just re did the guitars and made them a whole bunch brighter and took off the doubler from the vocals. I think this one is much better. The kick still needs some work, but good enough for me at this point. BTW, thanks for responding, I know with so many people doing mixes it can be a hassle to answer everyone.

It's getting there man. Just the whole mix sounds a little dry atm. Got any room / verb on the drums and vocals?

Hi guys, this is my try of the song called Ignorance:
http://soundcloud.com/mystycalfanfare/karhu-ignorance-mystmix

Please take your time to listen and/or download and give me some feedback. Any critique would be appreciated.

15 seconds in man you made Osku's voice sound SO COOL when it come's in it's like Redneck! HAHAHA :D AWESOME!!!

I did KEpaser

Check it! :) Love this song, you guys are sick!

Thank you so much man! And a really interesting mix! You've made it sound almost live! I like it!

Too coo! Cheers!

No problem bro!

Here is my try. Some feedback would be great! ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107735709/Mixes/B-Vera-v1.mp3

Thanks for the awesome recording and writing work! Really awesome!

No problem man!! Thanks for taking part!

I'd say the guitars are too bass heavy / low mid heavy and the vocals aren't quiet sitting right in the mix, perhaps try some heavy compression and delay / reverb on them then raise the volume a touch?

Cheers man!!! Great job so far :D

RE-UPLOAD:

Vocals were way too loud on laptop speakers so I had to fix them:

Hey guys,

this is my first mix in this genre.
I love it!!!
Please give me some feedback to improve mixing such great music!

Edit: New Version of the Mix, fixed the Guitar EQ, New Drum Overheads and some vocal changes.