Mix my song!!!

Hehe, sry but it was late and i had to sleep ;)

I've used samplitude build in plugins, and classic compressor (free vst).

Thanks for the screen shot. In what order did you use the FX?

I hope I can achive the same vocal that you got.

Peter

I'd really like to give it a try, but to be honest I just think it will probably not be worth the effort when all drums are on one track :(

Separate drums and DI would be awesome, I'd give it a try in a heartbeat then

I know some other people are trying to mix this song as well so I might try and get the drums seperated and upload them.

Peter

Damn man, I have tried and tried but I still can not get my vocals to sound like you have them in your mix....WTF?!?!?!?

Peter

:p

order was EQ -> Comp -> Reverb..

Maybe this clip helps you!?

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/27027_vokills.mp3

That helps a lot dude.....May I ask you to do one thing?

Any chance you can do the same EQ and Reverb with Classic Reverb and Classic EQ? I have the Classic Comp and I would love to be able to EQ and reverb the same as you but with the classic plug-ins so I can do it myself.

I would appreciate it SO much if you could and then post screen shots.

Thank you,

Peter

I made some mix too... maybe i will try make some drums.... but if you could up the original drums will be cool :) .... i miss that in a mix... you have a great song man ;) i liked so much....

here is http://www.4shared.com/file/32314476/dd57c3d8/Mix_Dom_2.html?dirPwdVerified=5d43dc7 (tell me if you don't like 4shared... IMO is a amazing hst)

Getting the origianl drums is the tough part as the last riff in the song is a different BPM that the rest of the song and I had to line it up just right to get it to work.

I like elmoes mix the best as the vocals are set back a bit and really fit well. What I do like it the kick drum you have, not sure if you did anything different but it sounded good.

Peter

Hmm, i've tried to get that sound with those classic vst's, but it seems to fail on reverb.. it sounds complete different compared to the samplitude build in.

Btw: whats the bpm of your song?

The BPM in first part of song is around 105 i think...the final i didn't know :(

I heard Elmo's mix and really sounds cool... and i can't make the guitar near the sound of elmo's mix .... but i've trying somethings.... and making some drums...
This kick you've heard i just limiting, and some eqing... around 70 hz and some mids.

http://www.4shared.com/file/32413511/947993cb/Song_Death_Metal_2.html?dirPwdVerified=5d43dc7

I didn't try to make a different drums. I just add some drum fills and tryied to copy the original drum. Thanks

Peter, I'm going to start working on something for you soon. I'll also need to know the bpm for this track and any tempo changes that happen for the programming.

I'd love to reamp this stuff too. Give me a call, dude.

Hmm, i've tried to get that sound with those classic vst's, but it seems to fail on reverb.. it sounds complete different compared to the samplitude build in.

Btw: whats the bpm of your song?

Are there any free plugins that you could try and then I can copy your setting? Man, I have been working the vocals and just cna not get them as thick sounding as you got them.

105 BPM for the first 3/4 of the song and 190 for the last riff of the song.

Peter

The BPM in first part of song is around 105 i think...the final i didn't know :(

I heard Elmo's mix and really sounds cool... and i can't make the guitar near the sound of elmo's mix .... but i've trying somethings.... and making some drums...
This kick you've heard i just limiting, and some eqing... around 70 hz and some mids.

http://www.4shared.com/file/32413511/947993cb/Song_Death_Metal_2.html?dirPwdVerified=5d43dc7

I didn't try to make a different drums. I just add some drum fills and tryied to copy the original drum. Thanks

I am at work now so I don't have a chance to listen till I get home. As soon as I do I will let you know. thanks man.

Peter

Peter, I'm going to start working on something for you soon. I'll also need to know the bpm for this track and any tempo changes that happen for the programming.

I'd love to reamp this stuff too. Give me a call, dude.

Hey dude, I have your # from the myspace email you sent. I will get with you tonight or tomorrow and talk about how you want to work this song out and see what we can do together!

Peter

Nice drum work dude. The guitars are a bit thin to my ears but then again what do I know. I have been listening to my muddy mix for a while and my guitars in my mix are thinker sounding....

Thanks for the mix though dude!!!

Peter

here's my mix:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=751685&content=songinfo&songID=6087933

Notes:
- I filtered the kick and snare and I wrote them to a midi-file with Drumagog. Replaced them with samples and filtered the overheads and toms.
- Guitars have some CurveEQ on'em (gotta love that app ;))
- Vocal track was doubled and the R one was pitch shifted to simulate multiple takes.
- Done in +- 1.5h, so don't expect miracles :D
- Imo, it seems to be a little to bright, but my ears are f*cked up right now

here's my mix:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=751685&content=songinfo&songID=6087933

Notes:
- I filtered the kick and snare and I wrote them to a midi-file with Drumagog. Replaced them with samples and filtered the overheads and toms.
- Guitars have some CurveEQ on'em (gotta love that app ;))
- Vocal track was doubled and the R one was pitch shifted to simulate multiple takes.
- Done in +- 1.5h, so don't expect miracles :D
- Imo, it seems to be a little to bright, but my ears are f*cked up right now

God Damn Dude!!! That is great. I love these vocals more than anything I have heard so far.....ummmmm...please help me get the same results!

The drums wound a bit weak (if that is the proper term) but I love the way the sound during the breaks with the cymbal fading in and out....damn good.

I have downloaded the song and have listened to it a bunch fo times and love it.

So for the vocal track did you just copy and paste it to a second track? How did you double it?

Peter - Bloodsoaked

Hey Let it burn...

Maybe I am going about it the wrong way so I am hoping you could shed some light on it.

I copied my vocal track and pasted it onto another track, pitchshifted it a bit and I also off set it 00:002 seconds from the 1st vocal track and it does sound better. I am just trying to see if coping and pasting is correct? I have read in some forums that copy and paste will cause phasing or something.

Also did you pan the vocal tracks?

Any info or tips as to what you did for the vocals would be great dude. The sound insanely good.

Peter

hey Bloodsoaked,

What kinda mic did you use? Also, did you try double or triple tracking the vox? I have in the past double tracked and on one of the tracks, I compressed the crap out of it, and ran it through the Revolver distortion, with just a very light distortion and blended that track with the vocals. You could also try to take the vocal track and put pitch shift with a +4 and +8 and also a -4 an d -8 to thicken them up.

Hey Let it burn...

Maybe I am going about it the wrong way so I am hoping you could shed some light on it.

I copied my vocal track and pasted it onto another track, pitchshifted it a bit and I also off set it 00:002 seconds from the 1st vocal track and it does sound better. I am just trying to see if coping and pasting is correct? I have read in some forums that copy and paste will cause phasing or something.

Also did you pan the vocal tracks?

Any info or tips as to what you did for the vocals would be great dude. The sound insanely good.

Peter

I duplicated the vocal track in cubase. 1 track is centered and one is 45R or something and has less volume on it. The lead track is super-compressed and has an EQ boost around 3khz and Gclip.

The R track has a Waves 3-voice pitch shifter on it with 1 voice normal, 1 pitched low and one high. The 2 pitch shifted voices are 45 L and R in the stereo field and i added some delay on them in the pitch shifter plugin. This track also has some compression, Gclip and verb on it.

I grouped both tracks and put a little bit of verb on the buss-fader.

edit: the fade in and fade out on the cymbals is just a compressor on the OH track :)