Mixing Practice 2 (fast heavy hc)

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but here is my rough draft of the track. I still have to balance the frequency ranges that the instruments occupy, and reign in and tighten up the bass. I've also done very little effects and mix production. I focused most of my time on the guitars, clearing out the middle and widening the mix, so the drums got less attention. I'm really having a fun time with it and I'll post my final mix when I'm done. I'd love to mix your other track you mentioned in the opening post, you still have a link to the stems? Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/dansoundsmith/hollow-ground-left-blind-ip06a

Hey dude, thanks for mixing the tune! I'm out of town for work, so no access to speakers. I'll check it out tmrw night for sure. The other track, I'll pm you when it's up again.

Thanks again

Hey avrinder... Here's my final mix of the track. It was lots of fun. There's still room for improvement, but hey, I'm kinda happy with the way it sounds. Let me know what you think of it and I am open to all comments and criticisms, it's the only way to learn! Let me know when you can up the other track and I'll give a go at it too. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, digging the rawness it gives the mix. The guitars are a bit clean and need a bit of low-end rolloff. Also, the leads are quite loud. That's my only 2 complaints hehe.

Dan, digging the rawness it gives the mix. The guitars are a bit clean and need a bit of low-end rolloff. Also, the leads are quite loud. That's my only 2 complaints hehe.

Hey. Thaks for the comments. The low end of the guitar was indeed conflicting with the bass. Thanks again for the tip.

I'll try my hand at mixing the other track

I've actually been mixing Left Blind for a Uni project. I guess I'll post my attempt when I'm done with it if you want.

sorry for bumping this thread, but i've finally found the time to mix these tracks... any feedback welcome! :)
thanks avrinder for this killer song to mix! :)

Last edited by a moderator: