MIXING TIME, SONG3: Complete Feared song inside

Check my try out, let me know what i can fix pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its of LRA

http://soundcloud.com/lewstherin006/feared-lords-resistance-army

-guitars sound very dirty in a bad way, and kinda muddy (but when played solo they have a cool dirty Mark/LOG tone)
-drums have a cool tone (cool cymbals and snare) but are mixed poorly. The kick is a bit annoying (you need to reassess where it stands compared to the bass, in the low frequencies). Snare needs to come up. Sounds like you put a compressor all over the drums (or even over a room track of the drums) and fucked it up somehow.

The tones are cool, the mixing needs a lot of work. If you mix this well, it might slay.

-guitars sound very dirty in a bad way, and kinda muddy (but when played solo they have a cool dirty Mark/LOG tone)
-drums have a cool tone (cool cymbals and snare) but are mixed poorly. The kick is a bit annoying (you need to reassess where it stands compared to the bass, in the low frequencies). Snare needs to come up. Sounds like you put a compressor all over the drums (or even over a room track of the drums) and fucked it up somehow.

The tones are cool, the mixing needs a lot of work. If you mix this well, it might slay.

Thanks, will do bro.

Finally made my mix too! No offense to Ola but these vocals steal the show...Fucking brutal!

Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
So guys I just made a new version cause I realized I didn't like the first one when I heard it again one day later. Seems my ears needed a reset... So if you can offer any advice go ahead!

Last edited by a moderator:
@olly : you might wanna resize those pics man, they are huge :)

Back to the Slate thing, the Slate samples (especially on the earlier versions) are too processed and made for augmenting, so if you just drop them like this, they might sound too thin and direct. You might wanna look at the HP/LP settings, room stuff, etc.