MIXING TIME THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER COVER

I just bought Presonus Studio One a couple of days ago, and i'm really starting to like it!

I did a new mix. This time i used some Sneap samples for kick and the "Unbelievable Snare" from Erkan's organized samples.
Used some different stuff for toms. I'm not 100 % happy with how they turned out, gotta read up abit on how to mix toms.

If you compare this to the version i did in the quote, which one do you guys prefer?
Please check it out, and give me some feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, my first post here (and it's a great one at that LAWL), I hope I will learn much about mixing as possible :)

I have been in mixing for a year now, and not too long ago I bought a new computer. Since I live in a third world country, I don't have high-end speakers or a external soundcard, but I'll practice till I can afford one :headbang:

So here is my mix, critique and advice greatly appreciated!
Not too happy about the toms and cymbals but, oh well, did it in an hour anyway.

https://www.box.com/s/38d982a8989ba44d1b70

OH, I love DI quality and performance!!!
Why I haven't embraced subtractive EQ before, it allow really loud mix without real compression and limiting almost nothing.
Tried to go with Nick Crow 8580 on Guitar and I started to use VOS ferrick on everything.
Click HERE

Hello guys, I just had a chance to try.. I hope it's not too out dated.

For this mix, I'm using Superior Avatar combined with DFH EZX, and for everything else, including ampsimps, I'm using plugins from my DAW (Presonus Studio One) so no 3rd party plugins.
Here we go:

And also, I'm mixing with crappy multimedia speaker. So I really NEED feedback from you guys!

Last edited by a moderator: