MACHINE HEAD DAVIDIAN COVER MULTITRACKS REAL DRUMS

Your sound is really great guys!! The booth are awesome :)! What did you use for this presence on the guitar sound? I think is the combinaison of the amp>cab and mic ..but maybe mixing technic? It's possible yo send me the raws reamp tracks? Thanx guys

Reamps

I'm currently experimenting with a LDC with a fairly "classic" placement. I'm pretty sure Mickrish uses more regular dynamic mics. So that's probably mostly the amp/cabinet combination.

Another re-amp with ts808>6505>my new Marshall MF400 cab.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/DAVIDIAN_TMS_MF400.mp3

Here are the raw guitar re-amp tracks for both rigs.
https://copy.com/0EIEFXrVVlXG8vgN

Your sound is really great guys!! The booth are awesome :)! What did you use for this presence on the guitar sound? I think is the combinaison of the amp>cab and mic ..but maybe mixing technic? It's possible yo send me the raws reamp tracks? Thanx guys
Thanks.
I used a transient designer on the DI tracks to get more pick attack.
I find that combining 2 mics on different cones gives a 3D sound that works better than a single mic in most cases. I place them using pink noise to ensure maximum phase summing. 57 and 421 here.

Reamps

I'm currently experimenting with a LDC with a fairly "classic" placement. I'm pretty sure Mickrish uses more regular dynamic mics. So that's probably mostly the amp/cabinet combination.
Sounds good but it's missing a bit of squishy low end that I love, but that's just my opinion. :)

Really nice to work with some real drums for a change!

I could have spent a little longer on the drum fills, the snare fills sound too mechanical, but it's just for fun.

Thanks for sharing this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You'r welcome my friend ;)
Thanx for shared the files guys! Your sound´s great ! It will help me to compare with my track and maybe understand why my sound is not as present as your

i got some problems getting a good guitar tone with those DI tracks with the Kemper, you should record them not that hot next time, lowering helps not really . I got a vocalist for those tracks but will take 2 weeks i think :)

Try lowering the volume on the track you're sending to the Kemper. Also as the pickups sound quite loud anyway, skip using any tubescreamer profiles or pre-amp FX. I just used a profile by Sinmix without the tubescreamer sounded driven enough for my liking.

Looking forward to hearing this with vocals!