Marshall MF400 Cab :-O

Decided I am going to leave the cab with 4 K100s.
Used it for a stoner rock band yesterday. The fat mids sound massive for this band.
The Recto cab didn't stand a chance when compared to the MF400 for this band.
Charvel So Cal with JB > 5153 50wt ch2 > MF400 > 57 > API

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/Black.mp3

These guys are only 18. Much better than I expected them to be. Doing an album soon.

First chance to test using Rectifier cab and MF400 on left/right
Very happy with how this sounds. Really wide with great separation but no centre shifting problem.
ts808 > 5153 50wt > Recto cab left and MF400 right > 57 > API

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/Necromancer_TMS.mp3

I have a 1960av and used to have an Orange ppc412 and neither of them would work opposite the Recto cab.

This last clip sounds amazing. What channel are you using on the 5153 50wt ? Ive found boosts to be overkill for the 3rd channel but I havent tried with and without under the mic yet. This band is pretty cool too.

This last clip sounds amazing. What channel are you using on the 5153 50wt ? Ive found boosts to be overkill for the 3rd channel but I havent tried with and without under the mic yet. This band is pretty cool too.

Thanks.
Red channel I think (can't remember)

The 5153 really loves K100s so its a match made in heaven! I should get myself a 421 and try that approach myself. How did you position the mics?

He posted a link to an IR of the cab somewhere in this thread, if it doesn't work I can send it to you.

Oh I snagged that when he first posted it, Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

I was just thinking that the placement on this one is different plus his new interface sounds killer.

That sounds really cool man. Any chance you might shoot an IR while its setup?

Thanks.
If I have time today, I will do a new impulse pack with the Apogee.
The reamp out and converter clarity is amazing.

I will do rectifier cab, MF400, Marshall 1960av, 2x12 with Celestion V60s.
Keep an eye out for new post with these.

Sounds great as usual. IRs would be nice indeed, always cool to have a new bunch of great IRs at our fingertips!

OT - @Mick: The Apogee seems amazing. I just set up my Zed R16 and I'm jazzed about it! It sounds very good...

Thanks.
If I have time today, I will do a new impulse pack with the Apogee.
The reamp out and converter clarity is amazing.

I will do rectifier cab, MF400, Marshall 1960av, 2x12 with Celestion V60s.
Keep an eye out for new post with these.

Awesome! The newer Recto clip you did w the apogee sounds great. Looking forward to whatever you post.