MMA set times and roll call

There was a part of 80/94 into Indiana that was flooded, so they were directing traffic off and back on. That's what caused the massive delay...80/94 was a parking lot all weekend because of that. We had a nice view of it from the hotel room. I had left my house at 12:30PM on Friday and the delay started at Dixie Hwy on 294. Ugh.

Man, I wish this week hadn't been the week that it was. It was a last minute decision on my part to just stay home but a combination of lots of things made it the right choice, at least based on the relief I felt when I did decide not to go after all. I guess a tr00 metal warrior would head out no matter what, so I guess I'm just an old man after all :erk: I'm glad everyone there had a good time!

Ken

Got to meet Orbweaver's parents...that is really cool that they came to the show! I think I saw both of them wearing Bavmorda t-shirts later in the evening. Awesome.

Hahaha, yeah, my mom had a great time. I'm not so sure my dad enjoyed himself, though. Especially when a random drunk decided that my dad was his friend for the night. :lol:

There was also a bit of tenseness when a belligerant drunk had to be thrown out via the patio, which my parents, friends and I happened to be occupying at the time.

Other than that little incident, it was a fantastic evening. The DVD interviews should be interesting, especially since Bavmorda and Sacred Dawn couldn't leave one another alone during their respective interviews. I hope that doesn't get cut. :D

I also took pictures, but I didn't photograph every band, since I wasn't there to see every band. But I'll be glad to share the photos I did take, when I'm able to get to them with a photo editor.

OK kids, Midwest Metal Anthem pics are up in the pic section on my myspace page now. There's an album for each band. Feel free to peruse or steal. Here's the link to my page:

http://www.myspace.com/farbyond68

If you need to add me as a friend first then please go ahead. I know some of you won't be able to see them at all. You guys will just have to wait until I can be arsed to put them up on photobucket or something. :p

Yeah, that's what I never understood.
It looks like everyone just displays bands as their friends.
To an outsider, it looks like, "Hey, look at all these bands I know!"

Then, when you scroll through the messages people leave, all it ever says is, "Thanks for the add, come check out my band"!!

I am sure its a great method of providing information or putting up song samples and what not.

From the social aspect though, it seems nothing more than another advertising medium. Maybe someday I'll get an account and try it out.

Glad you liked the pics Bob, I appreciate the compliments!

I can understand why some people have distaste for myspace. Honestly, it all depends how you use it.

I do think that it is a great median for promoting your craft, whether that is music, art or writing. For me, yes, I do have some bands on my "top list" as well as friends that I actually know in real life and have known prior to myspace. The bands I have are locals (most that I also know "in real life")that I try to help promote or just bands in general that I will be seeing live in the future. My list rotates. Can it be an impersonal and social disaster site? Absolutely. It just depends on what you want to get out of it, if anything.

Hi guys!
I have been a reading-only member here for quite awhile, so this will be my first post....
Definitely sending a big pat on the back to Ray for yet another great Anthem fest weekend!!! Congratz to all the bands for all their awesome performances...and yes, those Bavmorda/Sacred Dawn interviews came out completely hilarious!! I have been rolling a few copies in the evenings after work, which is going pretty slow, since I don't have the kind of time I used to, but with a 3-day weekend coming up I hope to have quite a few packages ready to go by next week.
Some of you I know from other sites, and it was great to meet in person and get trashed....Shadowlioness's room was the main party spot Saturday night, my room was the one being harrassed by hotel management about the noise Friday night. Guess that's what happens when you show up with 6 cases of beer...

Hi guys!
I have been a reading-only member here for quite awhile, so this will be my first post....
Definitely sending a big pat on the back to Ray for yet another great Anthem fest weekend!!! Congratz to all the bands for all their awesome performances...and yes, those Bavmorda/Sacred Dawn interviews came out completely hilarious!! I have been rolling a few copies in the evenings after work, which is going pretty slow, since I don't have the kind of time I used to, but with a 3-day weekend coming up I hope to have quite a few packages ready to go by next week.
Some of you I know from other sites, and it was great to meet in person and get trashed....Shadowlioness's room was the main party spot Saturday night, my room was the one being harrassed by hotel management about the noise Friday night. Guess that's what happens when you show up with 6 cases of beer...

Were you the blonde with the camcorder? It was nice to meet you! I can't wait for the DVD footage to be completed. It's awesome that you came out to video tape!

Also, by the end of the night you could smell Sacred Dawn coming from a mile away. PHWOAR. :lol:

I am not dissing My Space at all.

Okay, then I will :)

Consider what would happen if Jackson Pollack gave up art and became a web designer, started suffering color blindness and depth perception problems, developed an LSD habit and attention deficit disorder, and then created a social networking site while battling a bout of malaria.

Then make him program it in Cobol.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Myspace.

Ken

Were you the blonde with the camcorder? It was nice to meet you! I can't wait for the DVD footage to be completed. It's awesome that you came out to video tape!

Also, by the end of the night you could smell Sacred Dawn coming from a mile away. PHWOAR. :lol:

Yep, that's me. Nice to meet you too! As soon as the copies for the bands themselves are done and a few other VIP's (very important packages) I will be forwarding my masters again to go into editing for the next dvd, like I did last year. I wasn't even home a day already and had received a message that they are anxious to get to work on it!

Not sure how many members of which bands are all members here, but as getting bands their copies of the footage goes, so far, yesterday I mailed out packages to Souls Demise, Mirror Black, Sacred Dawn, Division and Ravensthorn...running the Ottoman Empire copies as we speak....my daughter has an away game this weekend so I'll be here working to get the rest as done as possible.....that's the update....