MMA

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

barboza1.gif

Aldo's a great fighter. I don't care about Belfort though. Still remember his ridiculous fight against Spider, how easy it was.

It was a good event overall.

I like watching Vitor fight. I wouldn't say Vitor was an easy fight for Anderson, it's just that they're both dangerous on the feet and the first real shot can end it. Anderson is a better overall striker, but I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch because of the upset potential.

I guess Vitor is fighting Wanderlei again next. Maybe this will be Wanderlei's last fight as he's likely to get obliterated (again).

I can't blame the ref for stopping the fight, his priority above all is fighter safety, but his decision to give Silva a DQ is pretty lame. Prater was already done before the back-of-the-head strike(s). Hopefully it gets changed to a win. At least he's still getting the money he would if he got credit for the win.

I'd rather see Anderson Silva fight Bisping than Sonnen. First, because he's already beaten Sonnen, secondly, I hate Bisping and what to see him get absolutely DESTROYED by Silva. That shit isn't even going to be fair.

For as much as I'd love to see Bisping get dismantled against Anderson, I think it's a waste of a fight. I think Bisping is a good fighter, just not a real title contender. Not to mention, Anderson isn't getting any younger and I'm sure his interest in the sport is declining.

I'd rather see Anderson vs Sonnen 2, maybe a fight with Palhares, and a rematch against Belfort if Vitor can keep it going.

re: that video, i think that's one reason i've avoided watching fighting sports most of my life. it's a little unpleasant to watch two grown men giving each other brain damage, lol

Nah. It's pure fucking awesome. I do not watch it other than for the stand up fighting, beat the fucking shit out of each other. No ground game or anything.

Bisping got robbed. I really don't want another Sonnen/Silva rematch :/

Chael looked terrible against Bisping, even before the fight started I questioned Chael's motivation. It looked like he was already drained, and or maybe he didn't take the fight seriously. This should have been an easy fight for Chael. His boxing and his wrestling looked unusually awful tonight. Anyhow, for that beatdown he gave to Anderson and to Stann, he really deserves a rematch.

And Bisping is a good fighter but he's no where near the top, not even close. All he really does it dance around the cage throwing light punches with the occasional good one. I'm really not sure how he could, in any way, defeat Anderson. He really hasn't earned a title shot at all and it's only because he's the UFC's primary link to the UK, that he's even being considered. His record is padded with fights against meager competition, and his losses all come against better fighters. Here's the rundown on Bisping's last few fights:

He beat Mayhem Miller (who is o-k but hasn't really done much lately, and came off a win against the geriatric Sakuraba), Jorge Rivera who just isn't that good, Akiyama who has looked terrible in his UFC run, Dan Miller who has been losing a ton lately. Before his overblown win streak, he lost to Wanderlei who has looked awful in the last few years. Prior to that he defeated Dennis Kang, a fighter with notorious flaws, and I believe Bisping was getting beat early in the fight. And before that he got his face caved in against Dan Henderson.