Proud Sponsor of the "Monday Morning Apocalypse"

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I picked up "Monday Morning Apocalypse" last Saturday, at my local record store "School Kids Records"(anyone that lives in or near Raleigh,NC, should hit this store), their NEW/USED metal selection; is fantastic, I got the Sonata Arctica CD/DVD for 13 bucks. Anyways, back on topic. I would say I have been an Evergrey fan for a few years.The first album that I purchased was "In search of truth", after reading on this forum and PMX; how bad ass everyone said they were, and as much as I like that album, it didn't completely blow me away, at the time. But' I did like the it enough to pick up all their previous albums. But, I do have to say, I think I like their more recent stuff, the best. Especially "Recreation Day", that CD is just fantastic, and probably my favorite overall. But I have to say MMA is absolutely fantastic, I was nervous after reading the reviews(not just on this forum), processed vocals, too modern sounding and mainstream. Well I have to say, this CD has absolutely elevated my opinion on Evergrey to a whole new level(and ya gotta figure, my opinion of them was already very high, after all my wife and are sponsoring them) I think what I appreciate the most, is that unlike some bands, Evergrey gets it, they moved forward with their music and have created a new sound while maintaining their musical integrity and keeping their core mechanics intact and infusing it with new ideas; that in my opninion, all work. Unlike my former favorite Edguy, who tried a new direction and all us fans ended up with, was a piece of crap called "Rocket Ride" which I hope isn't a blueprint for future albums. But let me get off my soapbaox and get back on target, If their are any Evergrey fans, who haven't picked up MMA yet, due to reviews or other peoples negative reactions. I say buy it immediately, I feel this is the best CD I have heard , in the last couple of years, and can't stop listening to it. SORRY FOR THE LONG BLOATED POST, but this discussion of this CD gets my blood pumping.

And on a side note, will they be playing any of the new tracks at PP7 ?

Just did an interview with Michael in Vermont. He said the show will be in two parts. One styled llike "A Night to Remember" and the other half will be other songs. I'll try to have the interview up this week. He said a lot of interesting things about the new cd.

Oddly enough, I've been listening to this genre for several years now, but I have overlooked Evergrey in my researching. I said that, because I'm going into their new disc absolutly clueless as to what to expect! A friend of mine on the Jake E. Lee forum has been doing his best to turn me on to Evergrey. He sent me a few of their MP3s to give me an idea about their sound. With that said, I really like what I'm hearing out of this new disc of theirs! If you're a fan of Brainstorm, Tad Morose, and Symphorce, then I don't see how in the world you couldn't like this band simply judging on their new effort. Needless to say, I'll be purchasing Monday Morning in the very new future! I'm quite impressed actually!