MMA

Last night's fights pretty much ended up like I predicted, with the exception of the asskicking BJ Penn received. He needs to retire soon for his own good. Can't wait to see Gustafsson fight Jones for the belt!

Let's be honest here Rory MacDonald is a machine, that guy was phenomenal in that fight. Used BJ Penn as his personal punching bag. The next generation GSP for sure.

Im fucken blown away how ciganos ass got handed to him. I was sure Cain was gonna get k.o'd again. I guess i never payed enough attention how good he was.
Hell, Junior didn't utilize his boxing the best way either, especially at the movement. More jabs and active footwork wouldve been my advices for Dos Santos.

Im fucken blown away how ciganos ass got handed to him. I was sure Cain was gonna get k.o'd again. I guess i never payed enough attention how good he was.
Hell, Junior didn't utilize his boxing the best way either, especially at the movement. More jabs and active footwork wouldve been my advices for Dos Santos.

I'm pretty sure he was fighting with a concussion after he took that punch that almost finished him. You could tell by the way he was just droopy, not defending himself, although it seemed like he was realizing towards the end like "Oh shit I've got 1 round to do something". He'll be ready for the rematch.

Well Silva pretty much threw that fight lol...

I don't buy the fact he says he's done fighting for the belt... He's going to have a rematch and he's gonna go to town on Weidman...

Also Barboza my god those leg kicks are vicious.

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

As much as I think Silva is a genius of a fighter, I called that he'd get his ass knocked out if he kept up these antics ever since his fight with Demian Maia..

Gustaffson vs Jones was an amazing fight. Probably one of the best ever. I was already primed for how the decision would go ever since Shogun vs Machida, but that doesn't change the fact that Gustaffson got robbed.

Anyone see that Gilbert Melendez/Diego Sanchez fight tonight?

That was probably one of the greatest fights I have ever seen, they absolutely killed eachother.

HOLY SHIT. Did anyone see Silva's leg snap... That was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen...

6.gif

And I think it's safe to say that Anderson Silva's career is over. He won't be the same ever again.

I know Weidman has said that if he beats him again it solidifies his place as Champ. Technically he did beat him, but Let's be serious this fight didn't do that IMO. That was just luck.

Insane night though,

Am i the only one who thought the Meisha Tate/Rhonda Roussey fight was the fight of the night?

And Travis Browne... DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN Those elbows.

He was kicking his ass before the lucky shot, so I would say its valid. It is too bad it ended that way though, Silva doesn't really have much left to prove and he was already talking about possibly retiring, so he's probably not coming back.

I've seen plenty of those types of injuries, actually. It happens in the NFL and in soccer every once in a while, and it even happened to a kid on Louisville during last year's NCAA basketball tournament. It sounds pretty terrifying, though.

He was kicking his ass before the lucky shot, so I would say its valid. It is too bad it ended that way though, Silva doesn't really have much left to prove and he was already talking about possibly retiring, so he's probably not coming back.

Oh no doubt Weidman kicked his ass in the first round, but it looked like Silva had a gameplan cause it looked like he recovered from the punishment he took in the first.

It's definitely a shitty way to end a career that way.

Man...we just lost a legend. I'm pretty sad that we (most likely) won't see Silva fight ever again. Other than that disappointing ending, the card was pretty great. Loved all the fights. Ronda's judo was next level, and how about Miller's armbar out of nowhere!