MMA

So last night's Fight Night was pretty damn awesome. The last three fights were great. Cruickshank showed up like always with the best KO of the night IMO, Philippou is still a scary motherfucker, and the main event was simply legendary.

Pretty stoked about UFC 173, should be some great fights too!

I dont have Fox Sports 1, so i didnt get a chance to watch yesterdays fights. I refuse to pay for all these extra channels that they're poping up with every other day, and then you have UFC trying to nickel and dimes their fans to death as of late .. no thanks. But it's times like yesterday that i regret not having the channel ... i still havent seen Philippous knockout.

I did get a chance to watch the Bellator event from a few weeks ago and saw one of the cleanest knockouts of the year ... Liam Mcgeary blasted Mike Mucitelli with a clean one punch left-hook knockout right out of the gate, and then walked away as if nothing happened.

Did any of you guys get a chance to watch Pat Barry make his kickboxing return? Unfortunately, he got matched up against a former WBF champion ... and the last thing anyone in a ring wants to do, is get punched in the head by a pro boxer, let alone a former cruiserweight champion.

edit: im guessing the same Boxer vs Kickboxer mismatch is what happened in the Philippou-Larkin fight?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fight between Machida and Weidman. I really thought Machida was gonna KO Weidman in the 4th and 5th rounds.

These next two months are absolutely stacked with good fights, and most of them free too! Still bummed that Gustaffson is out, but Cormier will make for a good replacement. And holy shit at the Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva announcement. Can't wait!

... murderous left hook.

Do most of these kickboxers not realize that they have to keep their hands up when facing someone who specializes in boxing? This is the same guy that annihilated Pat Barry for that exact same reason.

Anyone watch UFC Fight Night tonight?

I would of never thought Alexander Gustafsson would of gotten fucked up that easily.

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson absolutely fucking turned on Beast Mode. Alex didn't even have a chance. WOW!

Well, he got caught, that's all. It's not like Rumble dominated the fight. He threw the right hand right as Alex threw his front kick and that was that. Sad day for MMA fans IMO. I've been waiting for that Jones rematch for fucking ever, and now it's gonna be another year of waiting...

Well, he got caught, that's all. It's not like Rumble dominated the fight. He threw the right hand right as Alex threw his front kick and that was that. Sad day for MMA fans IMO. I've been waiting for that Jones rematch for fucking ever, and now it's gonna be another year of waiting...

Well yeah he got caught, but I don't think anyone predicted Gustafsson being beat that quick.

Ofc Rumble was the better one but I believe that the time zone had an effect on Gustafsson. He clearly had his mind somewhere else and he payed the price. He will comeback and rise again, hope to see Gustafsson vs. Jones soon.

So I came across this and thought it was interesting. Back in the day, WWF thought it would be a good idea to have a shoot fighting/boxing tournament, real deal fights.they had planned for up and coming "Dr Death" to win but thought he could do so on his own accord. Enter a nobody named Bart Gunn. Bart so happened to have Tough Man fighting credentials. He beat "Dr Death", The Godfather, and Bradshaw down with ease and won the competition. He won the money, $75000 but pissed the owners off, making a fool of their man and a few stars of the time. His "prize"? A round with Butterbean. His prize for beating up a couple schmucks? Getting his face smashed into the back of his head. Will post fights in order in a second. (All KOs so they're entertaining at least)

Can't find first fight. He beats up a fat guy.

Vs The Godfather

Vs Bradshaw for title

Vs Butterbean (his prize fight)

Hmm timezone? The fight was in Stockholm.

Maybe I should not talk about this because I'm not into MMA but from what I read it was 04:00 in the morning for one but like 22:00 for the other one so it wasn't fair. Maybe not true so I'm not sure, if it wasn't anything like that then I'll excuse myself and withdraw what I said.

Maybe I should not talk about this because I'm not into MMA but from what I read it was 04:00 in the morning for one but like 22:00 for the other one so it wasn't fair. Maybe not true so I'm not sure, if it wasn't anything like that then I'll excuse myself and withdraw what I said.

As far as I know, I thought Gustafsson trains out in the US, so him having used to the timezone in the US shouldn't have made a difference. As the same with Rumble, but don't count me on that.

Anyways Silva vs Diaz Saturday. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

If Silva keeps his mental state at the top of his game and not worry about whether his leg will hold out or not.

than Silva is going to wreck Diaz by miles.

Henderson used to be one of my favorite fighters, but after the whole TRT thing from the last couple of years i can safely say that i'd be perfectly happy with watching him get knocked out for the rest of his career. Some of the fans wanted to cry about it being an early stoppage bur Gegard caught him clean on the temple and put him on his butt, if the ref let that continue he would have slaughtered Dan. Plus i've watched hendo knock out more than a few people with illegal shots while was doped up so fuck him. An Armenian knocking out a doped up american legend, i love it.

http://gfycat.com/PitifulPossibleGossamerwingedbutterfly
What a tight, clean right cross. Gegards boxing is phenomenal!

Also, i cant wait to watch Anderson Silva ice Nick Diaz tomorrow.

This kid man lol

And yeah i can't wait to watch Silva fucking knock Diaz' teeth down his throat.

EDIT:

That was a great fight between Meisha Tate and Sara McMann. Real good recovery by Meisha when she got rocked in that first round, I was sure McMann had her.

So I came across this and thought it was interesting. Back in the day, WWF thought it would be a good idea to have a shoot fighting/boxing tournament, real deal fights.they had planned for up and coming "Dr Death" to win but thought he could do so on his own accord. Enter a nobody named Bart Gunn. Bart so happened to have Tough Man fighting credentials. He beat "Dr Death", The Godfather, and Bradshaw down with ease and won the competition. He won the money, $75000 but pissed the owners off, making a fool of their man and a few stars of the time. His "prize"? A round with Butterbean. His prize for beating up a couple schmucks? Getting his face smashed into the back of his head. Will post fights in order in a second. (All KOs so they're entertaining at least)

Can't find first fight. He beats up a fat guy.

Vs The Godfather

Vs Bradshaw for title

Vs Butterbean (his prize fight)

Oh wow. I remember watching those live! :lol: Thanks for the flashback man! I knew Butterbean was going to slaughter that poor guy.