MMA

McGregor's antics were fun up until the Siver fight. He's become too much at this point. Hoping Aldo will finish him.

Yea but this isnt the fucking WWF. Dana has basically turned the organization into a fucking circus show, and i can see why a lot of the old school fans have been turned away from the sport in the last few years because of it. Hype or not, i just don't see how anyone can be a fan of someone like that. It just blows my mind that there are people that would actually root for someone like that. Honestly, i think he going to get fucked up and he knows it, that's why he's already talking about moving to another weightclass soon, which i dont think is going to work out well for him. People seem to have forgotten how good Aldo is, the one and so far ONLY featherweight champion in the history of the organization.

Also, hype doesn't mean shit when the cage doors close, just ask chael sonnen.

McGregor is a fucking beast. That fight was so fucking hyped, now can you imagine the hype around the Aldo/Mcgregor fight? Jesus fucking christ, it's going to multiply by a 1000 fold.

Loved the Bermudez/Stephens fight and Lawler/MacDonald fight. Two epic fucking wars. As for the McGregor fight....what a load of shit. Clear fucking dive. Really disappointing to see. Obviously you have to take things like this with a grain of salt when it comes to the fight business, but it was just so poorly executed. AT LEAST MAKE ME BELIEVE IT'S REAL DAMMIT!

lololol paranoid much? he was gassed as hell (probably due to the short notice) and got caught. he was flinging his elbow into conor's face relentlessly before that and clearly desperately trying to win. mcgregor struggled on the ground about as much as was expected, and struggled to defend against takedowns as well, although tbf he wasn't exactly dominated either, just kinda nullified. i'm sure he gets beat by a top quality wrestler down the line. can't pretend he isn't legit though.

all the fights from brown onwards were great. ubercard.

you a Rousey hater? Can't watch that again where she's getting rocked while being out cold, pretty rough

nah i dig her (although the hype was getting super annoying) but that was amazing. the timing and everything is just incredible, this is huge. she's just been announced on the cover of the new game, a movie of her life is coming out soon, a thousand more things like that - tons of people have just lost an awful lot of money i'd imagine. looked like she wasn't prepared at all, it was probably the biggest most unexpected humiliation of a superstar i've ever seen in combat sports. dana's gonna have an aneurysm

also i'm a boxing man and i'm delighted for holm, that boxing technique really showed tonight. ronda claimed she could outbox an actual boxer and actually seemed to believe it, and she paid the price big time. didn't touch gloves either which is always a bitch move.

nah i dig her (although the hype was getting super annoying) but that was amazing. the timing and everything is just incredible, this is huge. she's just been announced on the cover of the new game, a movie of her life is coming out soon, a thousand more things like that - tons of people have just lost an awful lot of money i'd imagine. looked like she wasn't prepared at all, it was probably the biggest most unexpected humiliation of a superstar i've ever seen in combat sports. dana's gonna have an aneurysm

Agreed. Although Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, SRL all lost at some point and came back better than ever. I'm sure Ronda will come back and give one hell of a fight to get her belt back.

It was insanity though, the way Holm was dodging shit with lightning fast reflexes made me think of how Anderson Silva did that shit to like all of his opponents, moving out of the way like they were slow as fuck.

Agreed. Although Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, SRL all lost at some point and came back better than ever. I'm sure Ronda will come back and give one hell of a fight to get her belt back.

i don't think ronda's ever been on that level and none of those guys got destroyed quite this comprehensively by an opponent deemed so inferior - she even lost the clinch and got taken down, which is insane. but yeah i'm sure she'll come back stronger if there's a rematch, assuming she's not too mentally fragile to recover from this or something. i never got the impression she was taking this fight seriously enough, and it seems like her training camps generally suck.

it was probably the biggest most unexpected humiliation of a superstar i've ever seen in combat sports.

lolwut? :lol:

People love lopping up whatever hype Dana stews up. All these new fans have been going crazy for this womens mma bullshit so he's decided to go balls deep into it. It's where the money is at, even at the cost of losing a shit ton of hardcore fans of the sport. "One of the pound for pound greats" "she can beat this guy and that guy" etc. :lol: Cyborg would have fucked her up. And everyone including Dana knew that. The guy can single-handedly make an average fighter on a win streak look like a fucking god to newbs or casuals. He's been doing it for years already ... member Lesnar?

Holly Holm knocked out Rousey:), fuck. I can't wait to see this shit.

I don't think her busy schedule had anything to do with it. It was her nightmare matchup and she got caught. The rematch should be entertaining. If she's smart she'll fight to her strengths next time instead of trying to prove a point.