MMA

Yeah the only rounds i had going Cottos way were 1, and 7 and mayyybe 6. I had Canello clearly winning 3,8,9,11 and 12. The rest of the rounds were pretty close but id have to give them all to Canello, except maybe 10, which was the most even round of the fight. Yea the co-main event was bad ass.

Can't say I have been watching MMA that much lately. It seems like the same fights have been on for a month now.

I saw this Conor McGregor fight earlier and his opponent said that he said he was going to eat his soul and shit. I almost died laughing. :)

So who do you guys think is going to take it today? I'm going with Aldo, as he is already solidified his place in history as one of the all time greats. He's fought much better opponents than Conor. The last fight he lost was over 10 years ago. I think he's gpiong to utilize the leg kicks early on and then finish him off with a sub in the 3rd or 4th. I honestly think he has the advantage anywhere this fight goes.

The Weidmen and Rockhold fight is going to be much closer than most people think. I think this will come down to who utilizes their striking game better ... Weidmens boxing vs Rockholds kickboxing. Still going with Weidman here though. I think he's hands are much better than Lukes, and while they both have an incredibly strong ground game, i think Weidmen edges him out there too.

i'm no expert when it comes to MMA but i agree on both, though i wouldn't be surprised to see either go the other way. both 60/40 fights to me at most. really looking forward to the whole main card actually.

anyone see the joshua fight? gotta be one of the best heavyweight fights of the past few years (i realise that's not saying much). great to finally see him get tested. luke campbell, the other british olympic gold medalist with huge potential, also got tested for the first time... and failed. guh.

meanwhile RJJ got horribly knocked out by enzo and needs to fucking retire already :/

i think he won it before the fight even started, looked so much more relaxed than aldo. aldo rushed in and he kept his cool and timed him beautifully, the end.

i don't mean to take credit from conor by saying that either, it's a mental strength thing at the end of the day. conor doesn't do stupid shit like barrel in throwing power shots with his chin exposed, he has exceptional calmness and patience and focus in the ring and he's always gonna time any opponent who does what aldo did tonight. aldo's only chance was to be smart in there and not get into an emotional striking war off the bat.

Such a disappointing card...hopefully they rematch soon so we can see the real fight. Looks like Frankie is next though.

Such a disappointing card...hopefully they rematch soon so we can see the real fight. Looks like Frankie is next though.

i didn't think it was that disappointing really. maybe relative to BEST CARD OF ALL TIME level expectations, but i mean, the co-main was great, i enjoyed jacare romero, and i was pleased for maia and thought he was super impressive. even the main event was really fucking cool and special in its own way, just ridiculously brief lol.