MMA

i didn't think it was that disappointing really. maybe relative to BEST CARD OF ALL TIME level expectations, but i mean, the co-main was great, i enjoyed jacare romero, and i was pleased for maia and thought he was super impressive. even the main event was really fucking cool and special in its own way, just ridiculously brief lol.

Yeah the Jacare fight was really the highlight of the whole card. The finale on friday was much better. Pretty much every fight was badass (yes even the Ryan Hall fight, the guy is a fucking monkey and I love it).

nate diaz owned last night lol, esp. the post-fight interview. overeem too! dos anjos seems unstoppable atm.

btw folks who moan about heavyweight boxing being dead should've watched jennings vs. ortiz last night. the really likeable tough american and the giant cuban foreman-esque gorilla fought a great fight. ortiz is a little old to just be emerging but he's srsly terrifying.

suddenly you've got wlad, fury, povetkin, ortiz, wilder, joshua and parker all in the mix, plus pulev and haye if they aren't shot, and the ridiculously skilled cruiserweight usyk when he likely moves up. this is the best era for the division in a long while and hopefully there are tons of really cool fights coming up in the next few years.

UFC 195 was dope. All good fights with the exception of the Arlovski fight. Has there ever been a more fragile glass jaw in heavyweight history?

Anyway, I simply can't miss a Lawler fight. Guaranteed bang for your buck. Literally.

RIP Kevin Randleman

tumblr_m5qxkcZ12L1ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif

Man that sucks :( guy was a legend. Loved him in PRIDE. Remember this gem?

On a side note, anyone remember that nasty ass staph infection he had a few years ago? Hands down the most disgusting one I've ever seen.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
As much as I love Holly Holm, I have a feeling she's abusing anabolics.

On that note looking forward to her fight with Meisha Tate. She's improved alot since she last fought Rousey and Meisha is a much smarter fighter when it comes to making a gameplan and a very good wrestler. Which I think could cause a problem for Holly. Meisha just has to focus on not doing the stand up game.

Reactions: CiG
I'm really excited too, I've been following her since her first devastating loss against Anne Sophie Mathis. I think she'll win in all honesty.

I just hope the theory that she's abusing anabolics is wrong.

So RDA pulled out of the title fight with McGregor. Conor's now fighting Nate Diaz at welterweight instead. Should be good fun. Expecting an epic press conference.

I hope Nate destroys him.

Also, apparently getting knocked out in embarrassing fashion and breaking his leg isn't humble Silva much. If he didn't clown around he could very well be undefeated in the UFC. Or lost to Rockhold by now. Either way he's clowning is own legacy now.

that fight owned haha. i kinda want silva to retire now, that would be a perfect fight for him to go out on 'cause it was so typically weird, and i don't want to see him decline further.