MMA

i think it's stupid lol. floyd destroys conor at boxing, conor destroys floyd at MMA, we all know this and don't really need to see either. i would like boxing to move on from mayweather and conor to fight khabib, ferguson, or even rematch aldo or go after woodley or something. anything's better than this freak show. although i'd probably watch it out of morbid fascination, admittedly.

i think it's stupid lol. floyd destroys conor at boxing, conor destroys floyd at MMA, we all know this and don't really need to see either. i would like boxing to move on from mayweather and conor to fight khabib, ferguson, or even rematch aldo or go after woodley or something. anything's better than this freak show. although i'd probably watch it out of morbid fascination, admittedly.
i will still be watchin though lol. macgregor ferguson would be sweet. id rather see khabib move up, its gettin ridiculess with all his injuries and the weightcut. was so pumped for the khabib ferguson fight

canelo vs. chavez was a pretty embarrassing spectacle, but at least the GGG fight is FINALLY signed. i favour golovkin but not by a lot at this point. for once this is a superfight that seems guaranteed be a fantastic action fight, can't wait.

kovalev ward rematch tonight. it's not the biggest fight in boxing in terms of public interest, but it is the most significant, the winner is the number one fighter into the world for the time being. i reckon ward will take it this time as he worked kov out in the second half of their first fight, but it remains pretty much a 50/50 - get hit flush by kovalev just once and it could be over.

kovalev ward rematch tonight. it's not the biggest fight in boxing in terms of public interest, but it is the most significant, the winner is the number one fighter into the world for the time being. i reckon ward will take it this time as he worked kov out in the second half of their first fight, but it remains pretty much a 50/50 - get hit flush by kovalev just once and it could be over.
Was it worth watchin? if it was i might see it. Try to pick up a good boxing match every once

it wasn't a classic but it was a really competitive high level fight between two of the best in the business. the ending was controversial (as it was in the first fight) and left a sour taste for some. i have a lot of thoughts on it but i'm not sure anyone else here even watched it so i'd probably be wasting my time lol

Reactions: gand1234
They went balls deep! :tickled: The fight was quite good as they went at it. Ward is good, seen some fights with him, not kovalev though.
But this stuff kinda reminds me of what i don't enjoy about boxing. It's a dirty sport :cool:

:rofl:Haha priceless the corner team should be disqualified!! Kinda can excuse the late punches, as he was in the middle of a compination as the bell sounded. Shouldn't it rather have been a no-contest as a result of an unintentional foul though? Or a winner by points, depending on how many rounds they already went?

he had already been warned for hitting after the bell so i guess he ruled it as intentional, i agree with you though. and dirrell flopped about as he is wont to do.

Reactions: gand1234
That reminds me of Harut Grigorian from Glory a few weeks ago where he inexplicably walked off during the fight and got KO'ed from behind. A bunch of Armenian fans immediately rushed the ring and started attacking the winner

Also, anyone excited about tonight? Wanderlei and Fedor back on the same card

yea that guy must have literally got his bell rung from that knee. The jig clearly lacked any sportsmanship, but you NEVER turn your back on your opponent while he is still in striking distance, even after the bell rings.

And his corner that rushed the ring got lucky imo. Mike Passenier(the fat guy in the black shirt) is a fucking beast that would have probably took turns stretching those guys out.

in boxing they're making a tournament with most of the best guys at super middleweight and cruiserweight, and they're planning more for other divisions in the future, which is awesome - the super six a few years back was great and anything that clarifies division rankings UFC-style is a step in the right direction.

speaking of super middleweights, this happened the other day. that handspeed, man. kid's only 20 years old and that opponent has given some big names tough fights, but got obliterated here:

Reactions: -CC-
Also, anyone excited about tonight? Wanderlei and Fedor back on the same card

giphy.gif

FEDOR = GOAT

Reactions: -CC-