MMA

..........."don't you ever talk about my mom", shits goin down, UFC Fight night.

BJ Penn better throw down too.

I think that was Michael Chiesa to Kevin Lee.

BJ's fight just wrapped up....he needs to retire. What the fuck was that lol.

EDIT: ^ Which could have been repeated for his last 4 fights too.

EDIT 2: Did a judge seriously score that 28-28?!

lol :tickled:
Lot of other more interesting fights/fighters on that card, both of them are way ast their primes. Wand shouldnt be fighting at this point.

Tim :(

BJ put on some good fights, but yeah he should go back into retirment, no reason to play it safe during his comeback fights, did not care much for fight night.

Seen this CM Punk fight recently, despite wrestling being fake to some degree you think an ex pro-wrestler for years would have some advantage over some new fighter in the sport. I guess it is not a big deal being new to MMA with no mixed martial arts background and what not.

lol they threw him in with a guy who's clearly really good though, it was dumb as hell. that guy went on to beat the much hyped sage northcutt in his next fight.

recall that fighter calling out Super Sage because wanted to punch the spikes out of his hair because he was corny or someshit, dude happens to look like a mega douchhole anyways. UFC needs to bring back the classics.

seriously the difference between the p4p list a couple years ago and the p4p list now is incredible, both in terms of ability and drawing power. especially if you take conor out of the current equation... and who knows if he'll even go back after this? if money really is all he gives a shit about, he could probably make more even as a crappy boxer at least in the short term. and remember ronda rousey? lol

jones will win comfortably unless he's just done mentally now or something.

i'm fairly psyched for gastelum/weidman tonight, weird how badly weidman's declined in such a short space of time. now that gastelum's made weight seemingly pretty easily you've gotta favour him i think, and if weidman loses a fourth in a row he may be done as a top fighter.

Yeah man me too, is he the one I can recall being knocked out via a brutal knee from Yoel Romero a bit back?

Did anyone catch Fight Night in Glasgow? Some really incredible bouts, notably Felder v. Ray and Calderwood v. Calvillo.

Yeah man me too, is he the one I can recall being knocked out via a brutal knee from Yoel Romero a bit back?

ya. most notably he was the guy to conquer anderson silva (twice), he was an absolute beast at one point. his body's fucked though, he's had knee surgeries and hand surgeries and a slipped disc and all sorts. gastelum on the other hand is a very hyped up and comer who's had a couple setbacks (inc. a failed test for weed after his last fight) and problems making weight, but his career seems to be in the ascendancy even so, and weidman's obviously isn't. i can see weidman retiring soon if he takes more losses.

My money is on Jones, There's a reason he's never actually lost the title, the dude is unorthodox, and those vicious elbows will come in handy.

lol i forgot it's the UFC so whatever makes sense will not happen

jones is better than cormier at nearly everything, he comfortably outwrestled him last time and that was supposed to be DC's strength. it's purely a matter of whether the real jones turns up. he's been kinda weird and low key in the pressers and stuff, people are already speculating he's failed a drug test or something lol, wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: Doomguy