mmmm... nice pics...

All you people need to do some serious chilling out. These are just pictures...I can almost assure you that this album isn't gonna have that calm, "I like to take quiet baths listening to my 'Sounds of the Whale' tape while the birds chirp sofly outside" type of vibe. It's gonna be a "we're evil and heavy as hell" type of feeling...that's the deal with signing to roadrunner and playing on a tour like sounds of the underground. You're going to have to compromise with your photos. It's not like Opeth is releasing Blackwater Park again with photos like these. That wouldn't make sense. Drapery Falls deserve those BWP photos...The Grand Conjuration deserves these. (however yes I could do without some of the looks on their faces...it should be mikael that has a meaner look.)

Mirrored Ghost said:
Sorry, but that's the only thing you said here that I might have to agree with because the pictures are not all that bad (especially if you consider other possibilities that were mentioned in this thread on why they might have been done that way).

Being raised in a different country has nothing to do with anything. They are in the music business and have traveled all over the place and I'm sure they are not ignorant when it comes to how they might look in the industry.

I now must agree to disagree. Not much else I can say here.
I tried to say I was worried and then I said why. How can you disagree with me being worried?

So you don't see where I'm coming from at all then? I must need to be more clear.

What you want, a Morningrise II with a “red rose immortal”? you want exactly the same pictures taken all over again? Like the bakground in a photo, ore what a person happens to be wearing on the day they take a picture is some sort of state of mind and art.
This might come as a shock to some, I don’t think they will do another Orchid, nor a new MAYH, they alredy done that. Orchid was released in -95, they stared to write the material for that one in -90. Thats 15 years ago. Even if they wanted to they couldn´t posseblie do that.

And why not RR, a solid metal record label thats been feeding the market with heavy music for 25 years and chose a never–heard-of-underground-recordlabel. So that they still can have the same problems whit US marked distubution where they have half their fan base, and that have no money for PR ore tour support . Why do you think for example that Katatonia so seldomly ore never comes over to Australia ore the US. Ore even better, that gets sold ore taken over by another record label after a year ore two so that they have absolutly no saying in whom they have to work with. That has happend before if you remeber. There are the same Nightwish and Slipknots on all “larger” record labels, just differnet names.

You will go on bitching and whining on everything, no way half of you will like GR, cuz you already decided that it sucks. They will suck until the day the stand in you boyroom, playing a private concert, and you will get to pick the playlist, how they play it, and wich way the rotate their head while headbanging.

Come on, seems like some of you got your got you g-stings wrapped around your balls a litte bit too tight.

yes...everyone should try to relax.

as for those still life and bwp photos....theyre not addicted to their fur and full length leather coats. if its 75 degrees outside, theyre not going to dress like theyre going on a sled dog trip.

i WOULD like to point out that the photo of them from Terrorizer in the "prog" music issue a year or two ago was practically the EXACT same type of photo as this, and they were wearing the EXACT same thing basically, except for the addition of sunglasses. but no one was bitching then.

anyone who can find that pic....it would be much appreciated to post it here.

They are just pictures, I'm sure the band think they're shite as well, Lopez is looking the worse for wear, sure I read somewhere he was having panic attacks a while back, might be why he looks like shit. Mendez on the other hand, I don't think he can help looking like a bad ass mo fo, I think they should do some pics of the band under a crescent moon, or maybe go for a new approach and do some power metal style top of a mountain in the rain pics with their guitars, windswept hair and all that shit. And I think per looks quite at home with the band.

OPTH_07-LORES.jpg

That's the only one I like.

elvasse said:
Why do you think for example that Katatonia so seldomly ore never comes over to Australia ore the US. Ore even better, that gets sold ore taken over by another record label after a year ore two so that they have absolutly no saying in whom they have to work with.

lol. "Ore".

fhare said:
I've started measuring things in terms of bass player, so Peter is approximatly 1.7 bass players (bp) tall, or roughly the size of an Ent. Mike is about 1.3 bp, and Pear and Dead are roughly 1.1 bp.

lmao, i'm going to start measuring things in bps too. my penis is approximately 0.5bps.

also, the bwp promo pics own, i've always liked em a lot.