(MMO)RPG's

Chimairagerth

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2005
Netherlands
who hasn't heard of rpg's (not the rocket propelled ones)
most people i know immediatly say WoW, some say Final fantasy (mostly part 7) or Guild Wars nowadays

I'm just wondering if anyone likes (mmo)rpg's?
and which ones (turn based/real time/Old rpg's like shining Force on the Genesis etc.)

i used to play RPG's on SNES and Sega Genesis (Chrono Trigger, FF III, Shining Force II etc)

I had never even dreamed of playing an MMORPG until my friend recently turned me on to World of Warcraft. It's kinda become my hobby, and it is what I would be doing right now if the server wasn't down for maintenence.

yeah I do, I've played RPGs up from the Phantasy Star series, through SF, FF, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Ogre Battle and other rarities... most non MMO PC games don't interest me as they're usually the generic hack and slash, which is good on its own merits but is way overdone. I've played Everquest, Asheron's Call, Dark Ages of Camelot, City of Heroes, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Beta'd WoW but I can't say I was too impressed with that.

used to play FFXI, I was level75 Samurai, had all the pimp equipment, 37 Ninja, 40ish in other classes, and gave away all my stuff and quit because people were assholes. I played with respect...

Silent Song said:
used to play FFXI, I was level75 Samurai, had all the pimp equipment, 37 Ninja, 40ish in other classes, and gave away all my stuff and quit because people were assholes. I played with respect...

That's what I like about WoW. Everyone on there seems to be pretty nice and play by the rules. And if you need help with a quest, theres almost always someone willing to help you out. That's been my experience anyways.

Played DAOC and NWN for a year, and have been playing both EQII and CoH since they started. I'm looking forward to the new D&D online game coming out. I am probably going to drop my CoH subscription soon.

i played the hell out of morrowind. i explored every nook and cranny and single handedly discovered all the exploits. It was the first and probably one of the last video games ill ever play, exept for oblivion

Seiken Densetsu 3 was a good RPG on SNES....you can get the fan translated version anywhere on the internet for download....the good thing is that you can have control over your characters unlike the FF series also by square soft which is a turn based RPG....

Now,i play Fable and Dungeon Seige 2 which may come under the RPG genre...

i haven't tried the WoW yet but i have read some good reviews about the series....

I'm heavily into playing World of Warcraft but the only chance I get to play it is when I have access to my partners computer, which is capable of running the game. My machine is just far too outdated to handle anything of the sort and my Internet connection is less than admirable. When the opportunity comes that I get to play World of Warcraft, though, it becomes difficult to get me to stop playing. I adore my little Night Elf Priest.

I have been playing Ultima Online on freeshards for 5 years now. Also tried newer games like Neverwinter Nights or DAoC but I didn't get as enthusiastic about them as about UO.

I also used to play SNES RPGs, for example Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy. The older final fantasy games with emulators and the newer ones on PC or console....

I wanted to play WoW badly but it has a monthly fee and I really wasn't keen on that .. so I bought GW instead and although I had a few months of enjoyment, I am completely and utterly bored of it.