Videogames

@ Salamurhaaja:

Yup, MGS4 is the best game ever. What was your first rank? The limited edition box is very nice, it comes with a Blu-ray showing the making of the game. And also demonstrating what type of boss Kojima-sama is (har har).

I think I got Eagle this time around, no idea what I got the first time around.
Playing it, in smaller pieces, again just to nail all the flashbacks and such.

Also got Just Cause 2 recently and while I already got bored with it, it is
massive in scale, but it gets very very repetitive pretty early in the game.

Sometimes it's just good not to believe the hype, Saints Row 2 is a horrible
pile of crap, horrible graphics, bad controls and not very inspiring at all, not
even near the scale of Just Cause 2. Good thing I didn't pay full price.

Also got Just Cause 2 recently and while I already got bored with it, it is
massive in scale, but it gets very very repetitive pretty early in the game.

Yeah, kinda... although I'm around 17 hours in, almost beat it (about to open second to last Agency mission). It is still fun to blow stuff up, and another thing stimulating is 360's achievements - it's pretty rewarding AND keeps you engaged on another level. Gives a new meaning to beating a game, too; I usually skip the most ridiculous ones (like beat original F.E.A.R. firing only 500 bullets or less - yeah, RIGHT!), but try to get as close to the max as possible.

BTW, targeting system really shines the more you upgrade the weapons - it's not really more easy to use if you are a bad shot, nor it will cripple your targeting skills in other games.

Haha, also, 360's maps starts lagging the more stuff you open :zombie:

All in all - great fun (still), and I absolutely love attention to little details (except not being able to cut down trees in free roam).

Sometimes it's just good not to believe the hype, Saints Row 2 is a horrible
pile of crap, horrible graphics, bad controls and not very inspiring at all, not
even near the scale of Just Cause 2. Good thing I didn't pay full price.

I played it for like 15 minutes. Well, there got to be shitty GTA clones =)

So here's the thread to stop all of you going off topic all the other ones. We had a WoW thread before, but I don't recall/didn't find anything about videogames in general.

yeah-yeah-yeah, videogames are for kids. Well, not if you play Wii!

What's good recently:

Bad Company 2 multiplayer is a fucking blast :D Kicking ass on 360, was lagging last night like a motherfucker, maybe that's why we lost all the time.

Final Fantasy XIII (360) - this one is fucking cool, nothing like I've ever played before (and I didn't play that many jRPGs if any at all), but this one fucking rocks. Real-time turn based system keeps me hooked (and it's quite challenging at times).

Still didn't unpack my God of War 3 Pandora Box, I know the game will rock (and Dante was a PIECE OF SHIT comparing to).

Mass Effect 2 - this is one mad fucking epic. Around 700 references to the first one (if you import the character), and you can get laid (!) Going to run through it once again eventually to get all the achievements.

DAO: Awakening - still unpacked as well, but original Dragon Age required way too much time, which I don't have (much easier to play other games on and off, but for this one you REALLY need to sit down for HOURS). The best RPG in fucking years (yes, beats ME2, but doesn't blow it out of the water).

So what's good? Unless you are miserable cheap fucks who still think PC is the ultimate gaming platform :Smug:

Nerd.

I think I got Eagle this time around, no idea what I got the first time around.
Playing it, in smaller pieces, again just to nail all the flashbacks and such.

Eagle (Rank 10)(Criteria: Perform 150 headshots or more :p) : A good rating for those who like to shoot first and then forgo the traditional questions at a later date in favour of yet more shooting.

I got Inch Worm(Rank 24)(Criteria: Crawl for 60 minutes or more): Over an hour of crawling may seem like a lot, but it's fairly likely on the first occasion you play a 'pure' stealth play-through in order to obtain the secret Stealth Camouflage gadget.

Do you have the limited ed.? It's very nice, it comes with a very interesting 'making of'.

Says

charliegif.gif

Your MySpace looked like one big Zelda tribute or some shit.

And I'm a geek, you ass!!!1 :lol: