Just want to clear a small detail...

Originally posted by markgugs

Seriously, I have declared a best album before, but it changes between 1 of 2 records fairly regularly. Queensryche's 'Operation: Mindcrime' and Metallica's 'Master Of Puppets.'

Yes, I'm older than the average bear around here, and it pisses me off when people can't respect the past, dammit!

Well, at least you are a few months older than me, and of course I respect albums like "Mindcrime", and "...puppets", but even though they were out early doesn`t mean this albums have to stay as the best of all times forever!

I`m sorry to "piss you off" (as you say), but I really mean that Damage Done is one of the best I`ve ever heard, even though it`s a bit early to say that it`s number ONE. Well, I admit it: I love Dark Tranquillity like I`ve never loved any other band, and that`s been more or less the same since 1995 (except for, maybe, the Projector-era, which disappointed me a bit).

Originally posted by Nexus

Well, at least you are a few months older than me, and of course I respect albums like "Mindcrime", and "...puppets", but even though they were out early doesn`t mean this albums have to stay as the best of all times forever!

I`m sorry to "piss you off" (as you say), but I really mean that Damage Done is one of the best I`ve ever heard, even though it`s a bit early to say that it`s number ONE. Well, I admit it: I love Dark Tranquillity like I`ve never loved any other band, and that`s been more or less the same since 1995 (except for, maybe, the Projector-era, which disappointed me a bit).

Well the 'piss me off' part really wasn't serious. I have far better things to be angry about, like the pending baseball strike. But that's another topic for another day.

What I really mean is that albums like the 2 I've mentioned are absolute classics. I mean, CLASSICS. There are very few people/fans of ANY metal genre that cannot or do not recognize this. They have stood the test of time, and sound as good today as they did 15 years ago. While I absolutely LOVE Damage Done, and consider the best release thus far in 2002, it remains to be seen if it will hold up as well. That's all.

the "this thread sucks" pic

I was a dumbass and didn't realize there was a second page to the thread, so I guess that reply does seem kinda 'non sequitur' doesn't it?

Ahhhh, gotcha. You're right, it IS awesome ;)

How 'bout this one (I will give props to Smekermann for this):
hilarity.jpg