Going into detail!

:lol: i forgott the Church Of The Machine Intro also wich is among my favorite syx song intros also the riff intro, chorus and solo of Dressed To Kill:D

Some of my favorites:

The bass in the Relic's middle section
keyboard solo in Orion
the crunchy part in Rediscovery (fools who look for answers in a rhyme...)
the lead keyboard signature in Egypt
bass intro in Sea Of Lies
The Accolade (you probably know which part of the song I'm talking about.)
The harmonies on A Winter's Dream pt. 1
The fast parts of Edge Of Forever
instrumental section of Absinthe And Rue

Every time I listen to "The accolade" -part between 1:02-1:20 min.
I recognize the similar melody to a song in Mel Brook`s film "Robin Hood-Men in ties"! No joke! Watch this film! There`s a scene in which Lady Marian sits in a bath tub and you can hear the almost same melody (the lady`s maid sings "Lady Marian")!
Compare the melody parts and afterwards you look like this:
:OMG:

I keep on :headbang:

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Hey Everonn, did you get ur username from the prog band Everonn??

No...I hadn't heard of them until a few years of using the nick. I still haven't checked them out, but I get that question all the time so I guess I should.

I took the name from the title of a Helstar song, "Aieliaria and Everonn".

- Chris

Originally posted by Mexus
Every time I listen to "The accolade" -part between 1:02-1:20 min.
I recognize the similar melody to a song in Mel Brook`s film "Robin Hood-Men in ties"! No joke! Watch this film! There`s a scene in which Lady Marian sits in a bath tub and you can hear the almost same melody (the lady`s maid sings "Lady Marian")!
MAn thats AMAZING!!!!! :eek: :yow:
I mean.. not the resemblance of the 2 melodies, but the fact that you could actually CATCH IT!!! LOL! :D
The fact is:
  • you are Mel Brooks and are tryin to make all the forum go and see this movie with the excuse there's half Accolade in it
  • you were listening to SyX when you noticed there was this movie on TV and just in the scene you mentioned the stereo was still playing and you believed to hear it comin from the tv
    [/list=a]
    :D

X-Greets,
    Knight_

More details:

-The divine wings of tragedy Part VII Paradise regained:
Piano beginning and guitar solo + "Looking up to the heavens I can see what I left behind" and "And all I know"
-Candlelight Fantasia
"Candle fires" + Echo in "No place for forgotten ones"
-The witching hour
"In THEEEEE witching HOUUUURRRR!!!"
-The eyes of medusa
"Drum & keyboard ensemble right at the beginning
+ "The light escapes my smile"

Originally posted by Knight_

MAn thats AMAZING!!!!! :eek: :yow:
I mean.. not the resemblance of the 2 melodies, but the fact that you could actually CATCH IT!!! LOL! :D
The fact is:
  • you are Mel Brooks and are tryin to make all the forum go and see this movie with the excuse there's half Accolade in it
  • you were listening to SyX when you noticed there was this movie on TV and just in the scene you mentioned the stereo was still playing and you believed to hear it comin from the tv
    [/list=a]

X-Greets,
    Knight_

• :( DAMN IT! YOU`RE RIGHT! I`M MEL BROOKS! BUY THAT FUCKING FILM AND IN MY NEXT FILM SX WILL BE MAKING THE SOUNDTRACK!!! :lol: :lol:

DAMN IT! YOU`RE RIGHT! I`M MEL BROOKS! BUY THAT FUCKING FILM AND IN MY NEXT FILM SX WILL BE MAKING THE SOUNDTRACK!!!
Lol!!!! well, as i wrote on another thread, i even went to see it at the cinema when it came out so i already gave you my $$$ :heh:
So, when is SymphonyX signing the contract with you for the next movie?!?? :D :D :D hihihi

I really like:
the drum roll in "In the Dragon's Den"
Lady of the snow ........CAPTURED
The Divine Wings of Tragedy:
- At the Four Corners of the Earth
- The Prophet's Cry
The Accolade Rules Big Time
The Bass and keyboard beginning of Sea of Lies
and yes I like RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIISSSSSSEEEEEE MY MINIONS too :D
I really love the sound of the drums in the whole V - The Mythology Suite album. Best Drum on a SyX album heard (IMHO)
And so much more to recall...but most important I love the songs in a whole...

Originally posted by Freak of Dreams
I really love the sound of the drums in the whole V - The Mythology Suite album. Best Drum on a SyX album heard (IMHO)

Hell Yeah.. the DRUMS on V are just GENIUS!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Damnit the drums on Death of Balance are INCREDIBLE! :eek:
I love V Entirely :hotjump:

SyX RULZ.. theres no need of saying that but.. what the hell :D
:headbang:

my first SyX song was "Of Sins and Shadows" and it's still one of my favorites. The chorus of "Out of the Ashes" is awesome too, but my favorite song on TDWOT is "Candlelight Fantasia". I can listen to that song 10 times in a row, its just incredible, especially Russell Allan is just amazing.

"V" is a great album in its entity, its hard to seperate songs or even parts of songs. Somehow this whole album is a unity, I cant even think of skipping a song there, its all just too perfect. Oh, I also love to sing the chorus in "A Fools Paradise", especially in the car :) I usually put that CD in when im driving to my singing lessons

I find myself singing along to Symphony X way too often...A Fool's Paradise is one of my favorites. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I saw SX three days before 9/11, and that song took on new meaning for me after that devastating moment...

I find myself singing along to Symphony X way too often...A Fool's Paradise is one of my favorites. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I saw SX three days before 9/11, and that song took on new meaning for me after that devastating moment...

yeah A Fool's Paradise is awesome my favorite song on V tied with Rediscovery part 2:p and one of my favorite syx songs to sing :D

1) The chorus of "Evolution" and the "we shall live forever..." portion. man, that song is genius
2)Rediscovery part II from "Bow down to me...we must find our way again" this entire song is mind blowing though!!
3) A Fools Paradise Chorus, majestic, breathtaking, a definition of our modern times.
4)My all time favorite that I CANT BELEIVE NO ONE PUT DOWN YET! a) The Edge of Forever's: "draped in the silken glow of moonlight...you never make a sound, a sound" and b) MY DEFINITE ALL TIME FAVORITE: "AS THE WORLDS CONVERGE AROUND ME, CASTLES CRUMBLING DOWN, EVERYTHING NOT AS IT SEEMS TO BE, ONCE MORE I FEEL I MUST RETURN, NO MORE WILL MY SOUL BURN, DAWN BREAKS THE CROWN MY LOVE, AND WITH IT YOU FADE AWAY!" Fuck, I lack the words to describe the overwhelming emotions I feel when hearing that part.

I rarely find bands that I truly LOVE, but Symphony X is definitely one of them. Anyone who says they suck has failed to read between the lines and see the true beauty and intellectual accomplishment that this band has created and perfected!!!

Long Live Symphony X!:worship: