Modding a Dual Rectifier?

MetalSound

Nov 14, 2006
I just ordered a used Dual Recto for very little money. Hopefully it will arrive this week....but my problem is I´m using a G-Major in my live rig and read through some postings on the internet that you can´t use y-split cables because of some ground isues on the dual recto.
The only thing I want to do is switching the three channels with my G-Major. No need for the solo boost or the fx loop on/off.
Is there a way to mod the recto (maybe the jacks) or just soldering a special cable to do this?
I don´t want another box in my rack although I know it will work with midi switchers. But will it work without them and not running the danger of destroying the amp?

You would want to mod the G-Major, not the Rectifier. You cannot split the stereo jack in G-Major, because of the complexity of the Recto switching matrix. Rectos switching jack shields are not in ground potential, so the matrix would be screwed up if you would switch both relays to same potential...

Even if this did work you would only be able to switch two channels. Just get another box to do the switching and control it with midi ...