MODERN metal, for every genre

arg

Jun 4, 2008
In your opinion, what are the best album releases of MODERN metal (let's say 2006-present ONLY) for each of these genres:

(For simplicity's sake, just copy/paste the genres, followed by 1 or 2 recommendations for EVERY genre. Thanks.)

Black metal:
Death metal:
Doom metal:
Gothic metal:
Industrial metal:
Melodeath metal:
Metalcore:
Power metal:
Progressive metal:
Symphonic metal:
Thrash metal:
Other-heavy-metal-that-cant-really-be-categorized metal:

This is going to require some thinking...and options are going to be minimal because of 2006 to present...
Black metal: Keep of Kalessin - Armada
Death metal: Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh (wasn't in 2006 but too bad, deal with it)
Doom metal: Isole - Bliss of Solitude
Gothic metal: Type O Negative - Dead Again
Melodeath metal: Amorphis - Silent Waters
Metalcore: Unearth - The Oncoming Storm
Power metal: Don't care
Progressive metal: Opeth - Watershed
Symphonic metal: (BM i'm assuming you're looking for) Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
Thrash metal: The Absence - Riders of the Plague

Other-heavy-metal-that-cant-really-be-categorized metal:porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Progressive metal: Symphony X - Paradise Lost.
Black metal: Drudkh - Black Blood in Our Wells.
Melodeath metal: Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side.
Folk Metal: Eluveitie - Spirit
Others: Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain(i don't know what genre it is exactly).

Black metal: Keep of Kalessin (Belligerent beat me to it :cool:)
Gothic metal: Virgin Black (Sombre Romantic, Elegant... and Dying, and their Reqiuem Trilogy)
Power metal: Pyramaze (all three albums), HIBRIA (Defying the Rules), Sabaton (Attero Dominatus, The Art of War)
Progressive metal: Sieges Even (The Art of Navigating By the Stars, Paramount)
Symphonic metal: Therion (Gothic Kabbalah), Hollenthon (With Vilest of Worms to Dwell, Opus Magnum), Obsidian Gate (The Nightspectral Voyage), Bishop of Hexen (The Nightmarish Compositions), Turisas (The Varangian Way)

can't be fucked looking up release dates.

BM: Wyrd - The Ghost Album
Goth: Amorphis - Eclipse
PM: Falconer - Northwind

that'll do

Thanks everyone! With all these kickass recs, I'm on my way to becoming an up-to-date AND well-rounded metalhead. :hotjump::Smokedev:

p.s. more are always welcome