Modern production

I find a lot of drummers rely on triggered tones and ignore the analogue,the best sound is a mixture of both.Many drummers come into the studio unprepared,having done little or no pre-production,basics like tuning the drums or having good new skins and decent sticks.Rarely would a bass player or guitarist turn up and not tune and have a pleck and spare strings.... as a result I think a lot of dynamic is lost in recording,with a rescue job being done instead of enhancements.It then becomes easier for a studio/label to save money and time by using a generic sound pallet.So loosely everybody gets the same almost preset sounds.Boring.

I find a lot of drummers rely on triggered tones and ignore the analogue,the best sound is a mixture of both.Many drummers come into the studio unprepared,having done little or no pre-production,basics like tuning the drums or having good new skins and decent sticks.Rarely would a bass player or guitarist turn up and not tune and have a pleck and spare strings.... as a result I think a lot of dynamic is lost in recording,with a rescue job being done instead of enhancements.It then becomes easier for a studio/label to save money and time by using a generic sound pallet.So loosely everybody gets the same almost preset sounds.Boring.

the technology is the guilty

Ok I like when drums sound triggered and have that powerful, deep, click sound to them however most people will probably disagree with me here. The perfect drum sound for me is on the album "winds of creation" just hear how amazing that double bass sounds!