Moonbride

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
has anyone seen the cover for Moonbride, the unreleased Katatonia album which was supposed to be released after For Funerals To Come? i've read somewhere on the web that the cover painting was already finished...

yes 'moonbride' was a title we planned to use in 1994 as a follow up to 'dance of december souls'.
the artwork was later shown on the 'for funerals to come' shirts which I believe someone has and perhaps can post a picture of?
i believe people think 'moonbride' and also the title that came next 'where hearses go at midnight' was two early working titles for 'brave murder day', but the fact is that they were just two early ideas that remain undeveloped in the past...
nothing was transfered from those ideas either musically/lyrically/conceptually to 'brave murder day'...

Blakkheim said:
the artwork was later shown on the 'for funerals to come' shirts which I believe someone has and perhaps can post a picture of?

what was the "reaper behind girl" shirt for???? I have never known what its release was for....and I finally happened upon one a while ago.......I unfortunately have never had a chance to get one of the moonbride shirts....or you know I would have one.

Deliverance6 said:
what was the "reaper behind girl" shirt for???? I have never known what its release was for....and I finally happened upon one a while ago.......I unfortunately have never had a chance to get one of the moonbride shirts....or you know I would have one.

I think Anders said the reaper behind girl shirt was the first ever katatonia shirt design? something like that...

actually the reaper shirt (a reaper with a scythe standing behind a sitting girl), that also went under the name "shadowdeath" was an independent shirt ant not linked to any release and it was the second shirt ever made.
the fftc shirt came just before and it had the moonbride artwork (a white bride sitting on a moon with lots of stars in a black space) on front and the 'for funerals to come' song's lyrics on the back. logo and lyrics was in red for the first edition, then was followed by purple.
still one of my fave shirts. nostalgia could have something to do with it.

Hmmmm...

Reaper shirt?
trojan4tr.jpg

Moonbride shirt?
22.jpg

BastardSonOfGod said:
Blakkheim aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :)

Well... someone knows if I can find one of those T-shirts now????

Looks like a rare stuff????

as long as I have been collecting I have run into one reaper shirt....and of course I own it now......never a moonbride shirt......so good luck.....to us both....

Isn't the guy with the reaper shirt one of the guys from Cancer? I remember reading about that somewhere! :headbang: