Morbid Angel - Heritic

Morbid Angel are another one I've heard a lot about but not heard...I need to check them out. I'll be honest, though. They scare me. Basically anything with an upside down cross scares me, which makes it damn hard to be a Slayer fan! I also have a love for Venom, and am scared of being subjected to eternal damnation for listening to them as well! haha
I justify these by the fact that I was a slayer/venom fan back in the day before I could even drive a car..........
laugh if you want, but at least I'm honest.
God, Guns, and Rock N Roll
Ted

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the Rap tip, g. Yo yo yo, dog! Rap is da bomb and don't be trippin' or frontin' for real! hahahahahahahaha
I am kidding I swear.
I think RAP is what's wrong with America today. Kids under the age of about 25 have never even heard freakin' OZZY. It's a shame. They all want to be bigger and badder than the next and don't care about just having fun or rocking out. Shameful.
Although, again, I'll be honest and admit that I likes me some SNOOP now and again. His show is pretty funny.......but other than that.....rap can blow dogs. Oh yeah, I like KID ROCK!
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
Morbid Angel are another one I've heard a lot about but not heard...I need to check them out. I'll be honest, though. They scare me. Basically anything with an upside down cross scares me, which makes it damn hard to be a Slayer fan! I also have a love for Venom, and am scared of being subjected to eternal damnation for listening to them as well! haha
I justify these by the fact that I was a slayer/venom fan back in the day before I could even drive a car..........
laugh if you want, but at least I'm honest.
God, Guns, and Rock N Roll
Ted

I had to think about this one ummmm Dont be afraid of morbid Check out convenent cool album What doesnt kill you makes you stronger :) Anyways your honesty is refreshing :Spin:

tedvanfrehley said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the Rap tip, g. Yo yo yo, dog! Rap is da bomb and don't be trippin' or frontin' for real! hahahahahahahaha
I am kidding I swear.
I think RAP is what's wrong with America today. Kids under the age of about 25 have never even heard freakin' OZZY. It's a shame. They all want to be bigger and badder than the next and don't care about just having fun or rocking out. Shameful.
Although, again, I'll be honest and admit that I likes me some SNOOP now and again. His show is pretty funny.......but other than that.....rap can blow dogs. Oh yeah, I like KID ROCK!
Ted

I cant help it I hate rap I mean I understand what they are saying and what its about but it is just not for me by any means And the one thing I hate more than Black Rap is White ppl rapping lol they sound like Chipmunks, lol I am 25 and love Ozzy I'ma Rock guy I cant help myself

Check out these Morbid Angels albums:

1.Altars of Madness
2.Blessed are the Sick
3.Covenant

Their stuff with Steve Tucker on vocals is kinda boring in my opinion.

AgentsofBrutality said:
Check out these Morbid Angels albums:

1.Altars of Madness
2.Blessed are the Sick
3.Covenant

Their stuff with Steve Tucker on vocals is kinda boring in my opinion.

Domination is good to but yes your right the stuff with steve is not nearly as good

I got it a couple days ago and I have to admit, for a Morbid Angel album it's pretty forgettable. There are some good songs on there but it upsets me that the last four songs are instrumentals (not counting all the weird hidden shit in the tracks after). I'm still a huge fan of Covenant, Altars, and Domination. Maybe this one will grow on me in time. Favorite song so far: Stricken Arise!

Stoner Sioux said:
I got this album last week. Fucking great! Though I miss Erik Rutan's guitar work. I love all the hidden tracks and the bonus instrumental cd.
Yeah, I miss Erik too, his work combined with Trey's produced their best two albums, Domination and Gateways, imo.

This one definately seems like a grower.... my main problems are with all the filler instrumentals (born again.... this is just the secured limitations solo! wtf.... i wanna blazing closer here) and the guitar sound..... the guitar sounds very odd, im still trying to get used to it.

Oh well, i do like the album so far.... and Im sure its gonna grow on me a lot more, just like all albums do with me.

Heretic's great! I prefer Steve Tucker's vocals although the Vincent-era albums are all killers too! Actually, I can't name a favorite 'cos they're all great so I'll just say Heretic just because i've been listening to that lately so much...