Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus new album discussion.

The more I hear "I Am Morbid" the more I love it. I honestly think this is the best song they've done since the Domination album.
Two thirds of this album is better than anything they've done since Domination, the other third is worse than anything they've EVER done.

One thing, try listening to Destructos on headphones, it's much more fun than normal speakers.

this is just insulting. everything on this album is worse than anything they've done, which is saying a lot considering how much Domination and Heretic suck.

I don't hate it as much as everyone else.

It's definitely not great - but some tracks are ok.

Shame i pre-ordered... that'll learn me. I wonder if they do refunds?

It's definitely not great - but some tracks are ok.

Would anyone bother even with those "ok" songs if the band wasn't Morbid Angel? If these songs were written by a demo band they wouldn't even land said band a record deal. The shit songs are shit, and the "ok" songs - like Nevermore - are also worthless, because why spend time on mediocrity when you can spend time on something that is actually good?

Would anyone bother even with those "ok" songs if the band wasn't Morbid Angel? If these songs were written by a demo band they wouldn't even land said band a record deal. The shit songs are shit, and the "ok" songs - like Nevermore - are also worthless, because why spend time on mediocrity when you can spend time on something that is actually good?

I think people would bother with these "ok" songs-though I think the album is complete shit- and they may even bash them in favor of tracks like Radikult. I say this because if this band wasn't Morbid Angel, I think they would just attract a whole different batch of fans. That is probably why they should've released this under a different name, especially since it only has two of the original members.

so I decided to check out that medley video posted a few pages back to see what all the fuss was about. I got about three minutes into it before I had to turn it off. Good lord

i have the album. tracks 3-8 are pretty good and had my head bobbing, the rest plain sucks. not such a bad purchase overall, but Morbid Angel are just a shadow of their former selves now.

edit: the "good" tracks are growing on me (Existo Vulgore, Blades for Baal, I Am Morbid, 10 More Dead and Nevermore do remind me of old Morbid Angel. and "Destructos" is fun lol but in a different way). would have been a solid album without the atrocious other tracks.

Not for long. I just stopped in to laugh about yet another classic metal band deciding to turn into supershit. I'm disappointed this thread is only 9 pages. :/

I don't even listen to metal anymore except for Slayer and Aura Noir. Occasionally some Burzum.

i have the album. tracks 3-8 are pretty good and had my head bobbing, the rest plain sucks. not such a bad purchase overall, but Morbid Angel are just a shadow of their former selves now.

edit: the "good" tracks are growing on me (Existo Vulgore, Blades for Baal, I Am Morbid, 10 More Dead and Nevermore do remind me of old Morbid Angel. and "Destructos" is fun lol but in a different way). would have been a solid album without the atrocious other tracks.

Thank you! Finally, someone with sense and good taste! :headbang:

I'd like to throw out there that aug tastes female's buttholes on a semi-regular basis. Saying he has good taste makes me snicker.

Not for long. I just stopped in to laugh about yet another classic metal band deciding to turn into supershit. I'm disappointed this thread is only 9 pages. :/

I don't even listen to metal anymore except for Slayer and Aura Noir. Occasionally some Burzum.

I'm glad that you've outgrown metal and are into much better music such as Taylor Swift and Ke$ha. Now please leave.