Morningrise bonus demo

SouthernTrendkill101

New Metal Member
Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone know where I can find the "Eternal Soul Torture" track?

If this forum doesn't support downloading free music I will delete the thread.

It's a good song, but many 'clean production' fanboys are turned off by it. Eternal Soul Torture and Into the Frost of Winter are pretty much better than the whole Watershed album.

You cannot even (or hardly) call it a production! They just put a cheap microphone and recorded a jam. Even some dirty black metal are able to sound better and we're not talking about clean production.

Trolling I know.

It's basically Anders playin' the trash cans, someone that could very well be Mike goin' "rawr rawr rawr," and what might be guitar making some sort of buzzing noise.

It's basically Anders playin' the trash cans, someone that could very well be Mike goin' "rawr rawr rawr," and what might be guitar making some sort of buzzing noise.

And still, it's better than MOST of Watershed.

No trolling 'ere.

Edit: I was a bit too harsh. If it wasn't for Heir Apparent and Hessian Peel, those two demos would be better than Watershed.

And still, it's better than MOST of Watershed.

No trolling 'ere.

Edit: I was a bit too harsh. If it wasn't for Heir Apparent and Hessian Peel, those two demos would be better than Watershed.

Are you serious?
Okay, i know I have to respect your opinion in music cuz opinions are subjective in this field, but comparing those demos' production with Watershed isn't even logical,plus saying that they are even BETTER than most of Watershed is insane... maybe your cd or stereo is damaged so you can't listen to the album properly ?

I believe that he's saying that the music of those 2 demos are better than Watershed, in spite of the production. Not because of the production.

^ Yea, that's what he's saying

Which is a perfectly valid opinion to someone repulsed by non-metal in the vein of Coil/Burden or showy vocal performances and all that stuff. But I like all the songs on Watershed except Porcelain Heart and Hex Omega so I'll take that still.

^Exactly.

Those two songs are pretty much what Advent sounds like. The production sure isn't top notch, but it's raw and gives you a nice feeling what Opeth were a long time ago.

I like Watershed as much as you guys, but you have to admit, better production and even a little more different progression and those two songs are just as good as any other by Opeth.

Edit: I wouldn't want you people to think I'm a narrow-minded metalhead (or any metalhead for that matter). I've just always liked raw demos from bands, heavy or not. I don't love Watershed as much as other Opeth's albums just because it isn't as heavy, or anything like that. I mean, I like Coil, Burden and the love the whole Damnation album. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice record. I just prefer those two raw demos from the days.

I agree, but the production is so extremely poor (like, tops just about all bad black metal production in my music library), that it makes it hard to listen to. The few times I did listen to them though, I caught some parts that were not unlike Orchid/Morningrise, just in a muddy, trash can bangin' recording. It would be cool to hear them re-recorded but some of the parts were used in other songs so there would hardly be a point. Black Rose Immortal re-written and re-recorded on the other hand..do want.