Morrisound Studios Robbed!!!

It's the epitome of hypocrisy to cry so hard about a non-related topic when there are far worse issues currently. Like I don't know... a nuclear reactor in Japan that if it explodes could wipe out the entire country. Doesn't mean it should be discussed in the thread. This isn't a theft thread, it's a thread about a specific theft.

Well the analogy you are trying to make is tenuous at best. Theft is theft. Who knows maybe the thieves started with torrents and graduated to physical items?

Who knows maybe the thieves started with torrents and graduated to physical items?

And maybe they didn't. It's like saying, well maybe this kid started killing stuff in video games then graduated to physical killing. It's all a moot point. I'm not going to turn this into a flame war, or a trolling contest, I'm just saying man, it doesn't involve anything being discussed in this thread, so you shouldn't bring it up, as it's going off topic. Get a mop, your heart is bleeding everywhere.

And maybe they didn't. It's like saying, well maybe this kid started killing stuff in video games then graduated to physical killing. It's all a moot point. I'm not going to turn this into a flame war, or a trolling contest, I'm just saying man, it doesn't involve anything being discussed in this thread, so you shouldn't bring it up, as it's going off topic. Get a mop, your heart is bleeding everywhere.

Nah. I just believe in accountability for one's actions as opposed to paying lip service.

Well the analogy you are trying to make is tenuous at best. Theft is theft. Who knows maybe the thieves started with torrents and graduated to physical items?

I really really hate to derail such a sad and important thread anymore than necessary, especially considering that to an extent I agree with you, but you really do sound like a member of the WBC....

I'll end my involvement in this thread with one last statement. It is the epitome of hypocrisy to cry fowl over this theft if your hard drive has any unpaid music on it.

Nahh, it would be the epitome of stupidity, since you'd want to cry "foul" instead. (Damn you Sumeet for beating me to the joke. :))

Errm, isn't it hypocritical to say you're ending your involvement in a thread...and then maintain that involvement in said thread? :rolleyes:

A truly legendary studio -- one where many of our favorite albums and people have recorded -- has been badly robbed and YOU diminish the discussion by dragging in your pet peeve?

Let It Go.

I actually agree with you about theft of music, and I still buy virtually everything I listen to on CD, but your incessant whining about it really makes me want to try a bit-torrent for the first time ever....just 'cause.

Seriously....some of the greatest metal albums (including THE greatest metal album) of all time were recorded at this place and all this herb wants to do is get a pat on the back because he spends his money on CDs. Surprised there hasn't been a Queensryche reference yet.

This. I do feel for them, but seriously, if you have that much equipment in there and it's worth that much money, not having surveillance cameras is the stupidest thing.

I think it did have some. On the facebook, one of the Morrisound guys mentioned how the cord to their keyboard was cut because it was near the camera server, and all cables in that area were sliced.

Temple Terrace police said the burglars cut electrical power and phone lines, disabled the security system and forced their way in.

From the BM article. This seemed to be a really thorough job. :/

This. I do feel for them, but seriously, if you have that much equipment in there and it's worth that much money, not having surveillance cameras is the stupidest thing.

Completely agree with that. It always astounds me when places like this, let alone stores with pricey items, decide not to have cameras.

Gotcha. Nm then. Whoever did this is a sick individual. Not only did they steal, but as someone else pointed out they went into some thorough planning evidently to pull this off. I hope they catch the fuckers.

Agreed. I hope with such a large base of people looking out for them, they'll at least be able to recover some of the stolen gear. That place is beyond important for metal.

This is just horrible and heartbreaking to see this, and totally crushes me to know these guys are going through something like his. I certainly hope they find the culprit(s) and bring them down quickly.

Looking at the photo’s, what was stolen, how they got in and worked around the security measures in place - it is obvious that this was an inside job of sorts. I’m certain everyone here, as well as Tom, Jim and Ryan have thought of this already, but I would hypothesizes that the suspect(s) would either be a former/current intern, or client. It is highly unlikely that this was a random act or crime of opportunity, it is far too thorough of a job to be anything like that. It would be a safe bet that it was someone that had been in the studio within the last 3-4 months, knew where everything was, had knowledge of the pending studio session schedules, and the longest span of time when no one would be occupying the building as well as any adjacent businesses. Needless to say, a lot of planning went into this one, and was done on a pro level.

It’s sure to take a long time for the local authorities to sift through the possibilities of suspects, and eliminate them against the forensics, as I’m am certain that the amount of client traffic that Morrisound get’s is quite heavy. In retrospect, and as another likely possibility - It could very well be as simple as a hapless and honest client who brought along a “friend” to hang out with them during recording/mixing/mastering sessions, and said friend spent some time casing the place and decided to make their move eventually. I have heard of many B&E’s that pan out like this in the end…

I hope these guys are able to pull out of this massive tragedy soon and get things up and running again in full force.

There were actually surveillance cameras but they were all cut off when they hit the 'pre staging' of their hit... watch the video, you see the wires cut on one of the cameras.....

these people were pro... or pros hired by someone....