MORRISOUND STUDIOS ROBBED!

Thinking maybe we should start a fund for the studio. Insurance isn't going to cover everything I am sure and the deductible alone is going to run into the hundreds of thousands / millions most likely.

If you guys are down for this idea, let me know and I will get a site and paypal setup for it.

Anything we can do to help, even loaning them some gear till they get things back up and running is a HUGE help in a time like this!

This is fucking terrible, but was certainly a carefully planned and executed thing. People who were familiar with the gear and environment and spent a good amount of time in there, to be sure.

it was jeff

but really, i am down to throw a few dollars to help, i can't even imagine how this even came to be, so heartbreaking

Thinking maybe we should start a fund for the studio. Insurance isn't going to cover everything I am sure and the deductible alone is going to run into the hundreds of thousands / millions most likely.

If you guys are down for this idea, let me know and I will get a site and paypal setup for it.

Anything we can do to help, even loaning them some gear till they get things back up and running is a HUGE help in a time like this!
That's a very nice and altruistic idea man. Still, even if we managed to get $5000 (which is a lot), we would've covered for a single piece of gear out of hundreds :erk: Seems to be a drop in the ocean.

On the other hand, it's still better than nothing really

Wow... they should check their logs for who all was in there the past month. Plus.... who ever stole it aint gunna KEEP all that shit! It's bound to show up on Craigslist or Ebay guaranteed! My Buds had their practice spot robbed (while they were playing out of town). I told them whoever did it.... was in there in the past month. Sure enough they were IN THE place (invited in) during a practice a few weeks prior to the theft. And yep, they found the assholes a few weeks later. All the gear was gone but they beat the living dog shit out of those guys.

For the record they didn't take the console, just the power supply and computer for it. Still, ridiculously awful what happened and I do hope they get caught.

How come a group of men agree on doing some sort of action ?

It's not like the world of people who know about audio production gear is full of people so low they would think about robbing a studio room. It's difficult to imagine the scenario leading to such an operation, because I cannot imagine it be only a couple of guys.

They had an alarm system the asshole's who robbed them cut all the power to the building before breaking in.

The alarm system out the office I work at has a battery backup as I imagine most new systems should. One time I left the office late at night and came back in because I forgot my bag, I forgot to shut off the alarm. It's a silent alarm and the cops showed up just as I was leaving, probably less than two minutes later. But then again the office I work at has financial and personal records of thousands of people so security is a big concern, I don't know how much they pay for the alarm system but it must be a lot.

It's a shame that all this gear was stolen, the perpetrators must have been in there for a while.

I don't get the point of stealing the SSL power supply. I think I saw one of those sell for under $200 on ebay.

One way to prepare yourself for this is to get the SN's of all your gear. Take pictures of everything and especially of dings and scratches and scan your receipts / bills. Save everything to a USB thumb drive and keep it in a safe place.

True that. I had a mixer (behringer) stolen from my garage during my high school days. I had records of the serial numbers and everything. I found a guy selling it on craigslist a couple days later, I went to his house with my friend who is a bass player (huge guy). I saw the serial number was the same and told him it's stolen. He told me to get out, I told him I would call the cops, he told me he was going to call the cops on me and not to threaten him. Well I left and called the police and the next day I got my mixer back. I have no idea what happened to the guy but I think he said he "found it" and I didn't feel like pressing charges.

This is fucking terrible, but was certainly a carefully planned and executed thing. People who were familiar with the gear and environment and spent a good amount of time in there, to be sure.

i don't really think they were all that familiar at all with the audio gear.. with the guitars perhaps... i mean you can see in the background in the empty rack shot that they left a shitty danlectro guitar, and took the les pauls, etc...

but as for the audio gear... i mean, they bothered to take a G Series computer and power supply stack.... clearly not knowing that this was futile without the console to go with it.... and they took a Lexicon 480L mainframe and left the fuckin' remote for it on the console.... you can see it in the TV interview... but the rack where the mainframe was is empty... so, not all that knowledgeable i don't think really.

they did have security cams, but the server they recorded too was stolen along with everything else... The question for me is, why... in 2011... did they not have their server offsite, so the security footage would be preserved, and why in the world did they not have a cellular back-up to their alarm system?? cutting wires does no good in that instance... it just triggers the cellular back-up to dial the security company, wirelessly... then the burglars would have been fucked.

that leads to an even more pointed question: how the hell did those burglars KNOW that there WASN"T a cellular back-up??

maybe they did a dry run.... i heard there was an incident involving the power meter on the building a day or two before.

it will turn out to be connected to someone that has either worked there, or visited there recently.. i'd bet money on that one.

Do it!