Most anticipated releases of 2011

Looking forward to the forthcoming Samael album Lux Mundi, which will be the true follow up to Solar Soul, as their last album Above was intended as a side project. The two new songs on their myspace are awesome.

Also looking forward to the new Editors album. They are working with producer Flood again, and his influence on their last album was what made it great.

I'm looking forward to the reissue of Ozzy's blizzard of oz which comes with a dvd that has 30 minutes of previously unseen concert footage featuring Randy Rhoads!! I think it's out around April.

Those awaiting the new Foos album may be interested to learn it's currently available to stream from their website. Only on track 4, but so far it is fantastic. Yeah, yeah, I'm biased, but even I need to give a Foo album a couple of listens to get into it. I'm already sold on this one.

Sounding awesome from the preview tracks so far:
thelotuseffect_cover.jpg

New ZZ Top
ZZ Top is "in full production" on a new album, its long-awaited follow-up to 2003's "Mescalero," which guitarist Billy F. Gibbons predicts will be out "by the end of the year."

Gibbons tells Billboard.com that the Texas trio has been working on the set in both Houston and Los Angeles. "I've got a little studio at my house out in L.A.," he says, "and it kind of takes the load off to be able to leave Texas, got to California, stay there for awhile and then you get to leave California and come back to Texas."

As for the sound, Gibbons notes that he, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard are "still just making a lot of loud noise. We still pose as interpreters of the blues. We can't invent it; It's already been invented. But we can do it our way." Gibbons adds that the album will be comprised primarily of originals but that the group "might cover a couple of things."

Hopefully this doesn't end up being their last.