Most Beautiful Acoustic songs you know (mostly instrumental)

Thats three mentions for Desolate Ways - guess you'll be putting that on your cd! It's a shame Morbid Angel got rid of Richard Brunelle, he was a great guitarist and obviously he could write some good songs.

Motley Crue also have a song on Shout At The Devil called "God bless the children of the beast" which if I remember right is an acoustic piece - you should check that out too.

Old man's child - In quest of enigmatic dreams
Nile - Libation unto the shades who lurk in the shadows of the temple of anhur
At the gates - into the dead sky
Eric clapton - classical gas (acoustic version)

Testament - musical death (a dirge)
Dark tranquillity - The mind's eye

Acid bath - scream of the butterfly
Chris Cornell - can't change me
Sevendust - angels son
radiohead - street spirit (fade out)

I am assuming you already know all of opeths accoustic songs and unless i have by accident i didn't mention songs that have already been suggested.

SOme of these songs contain vocals, some contain small amounts of electric guitar....the first lot are pure accoustic instrumentals. Also i'd recommend very highly alot of Ennio Morricone songs from the spaghetti westerns he did the soundtrack for....some good stuff there ie a fistfull of dollars, for a few dollars more etc.

Obviously theres heaps more but this might give you something to consider at least. :)

The Sage by Emerson Lake and Palmer is really spiffy. Except it does have a synth intro but it doesn't last long. Check it out, it's one of Lake's best in terms of singing and guitarwork.

Eric clapton - classical gas (acoustic version)

:eek: I thought I was the only one who knew that. It's really, really amazing. Try Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain by Eddie Brickel.

svenske kocken said:
For fucks sake! It's Kveldssanger and nothing else. But anyway, it's a brilliant album.

Well fuck me :cool: If it´s supposed to be kveldsSanger they used the stupidest (if thats a word) S ever... Since when was s a straight line with a dot over it. Anyhoo it must me a typo then :D

Dusk said:
Chris Cornell - can't change me
Sevendust - angels son
radiohead - street spirit (fade out)

SOme of these songs contain vocals, some contain small amounts of electric guitar....the first lot are pure accoustic instrumentals. Also i'd recommend very highly alot of Ennio Morricone songs from the spaghetti westerns he did the soundtrack for....some good stuff there ie a fistfull of dollars, for a few dollars more etc.

Obviously theres heaps more but this might give you something to consider at least. :)

Nice choices, especially the Ennio Morricone stuff "The Ecstasy of Gold"from The Good the Bad and the Ugly is acoustic bliss!!