your favorite non-sad, non-dark beautiful songs

Bumblefoot try these songs now! :)

Foo Fighters - A320, Aurora
Ben Folds Five - Evaporated
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Road Trippin'

there are too many! maybe i'll think of some later.

hey bumble, you forgot White Willow. "Paper Moon" makes me orgasm and is an extremely happy song. actually almost every white willow song.

Gleemonex, have you heard ( )? The first half of it has very pretty happy songs and track 4 makes me cry. and on Ágætis, i cant really tell if theyre happy or sad.

I wouldnt say track 8 is nonsadnondark, eirik but whatever. the last part of it is amazing anyway :D

Aron Lewis covering Pearl Jam's black? He ruined it! :[ and I always thought that song was vrey sad anyways, but thats just me.

Candlemass- Samarithan (this song always gives me chills, it's so beautiful :cry: )
The Gathering- Leaves (really nice song)
The Gathering- Kevin's Telescope (ultimate feel-good song)
Within Temptation- Mother Earth (actually, the whole album is quite uplifting, but this song is more-so :D)

Usually anything from Disturbed

Demon Of The Fall - Opeth

Sporadic Movement - CKY

The Eyes Of Medusa, Evolution, Of Sins And Shadows - Symphony X

Wolf - Iced Earth

Feast Of Burden - Dark Tranquility

Sympozium - Dimmu Borgir

Violent Work Of Art - Zyklon

There you have it, folks. :Smokedev:

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
so what are they? i'm looking to check out some new stuff... i've heard a lot of gloom lately, don't want much more of that, so i am looking for something that really makes you wanna cry.. but from hapiness hehe so let me hear some of your personal favorites... i'm not looking for a song like this on any particular style, if it's a kind of doom metal song or a jazz tune or a classical song.. watever i'm only looking for something that conveys the emotion i am talking about thanx in advance

here's some of mine anyway...

Sigur Ros - ( ) Track 4
Rik Emmett - Secret Wishes
Porcupine Tree - Collapse Light Into Earth
Gordian Knot - Grace
Opeth - Epilogue
Epilogue wouldn't definately be mine.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (the song not the album)
King Crimson - One Time
Eric Clapton- Rollin' and Tumblin'
Steve Miller Band - Serenade (or pretty much anything else by them)
Tool - Parabol/Parabola (very beautiful set of songs)
Kyuss - Gardenia/Space Cadet
Therion - Clavicula Nox (sp?) or anything else by them

Doesnt need to be sad to be beautiful just needs to be full of a strong emotion to replace sadness...

ah of course, how could i have forgotten the beatles. and the kinks. and ... oh i don´t remember what it was called.

Iceman, i´ve only heard one song off (). I guess i just find it hard to see/imagine them make music differently from what they have done in the past :)

I challenge you all to check out Jethro Tull's Weathercock, from the Heavy Horses album, if you think that non-sad/non-dark and beautiful is a contradiction of terms.

It's the most beautiful and happy and uplifting song ever.

Originally posted by Gleemonex
Iceman, i´ve only heard one song off (). I guess i just find it hard to see/imagine them make music differently from what they have done in the past :)

well it really depends on what song because "(" [track 1-4] is happy and ")" [track 5-8] is sad.

I doubt anyone will actually download these, but I suppose I can ignore that and answer the question anyway.

The Cancer Conspiracy - Loft Complications
Kopecky - Bartholomew's Kite

Originally posted by IcemanJ256
well it really depends on what song because "(" [track 1-4] is happy and ")" [track 5-8] is sad.

ah, that would explain it. it was track 8, since Eirik did a bit of brainwashing on me about how wonderful it is and how i should download it :)

Cannibal Corpse- Hatchet to The Head :heh:

j/k umm...................
Dream Theater -The Dance of Eternity
anything from Liquid Tension
Opeth- Silhouette
Metallica - Orion

Originally posted by Yicjdic
King Crimson - One Time

The lyrics aren't sad but the song definitely sounds sad to me... But I agree it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard... Incredible... Have you seen One Time on the Deja VROOOM DVD? The lighting and camera angles are perfect, I love watching that song.