Most Beautiful Acoustic songs you know (mostly instrumental)

I know this is an old thread, but it has been in my favorites list for quite some time now.

Just thought I'd bump it for newer members..

Notable artists that I discovered through this thread are:
Tommy Emmanuel
Martin Barre
Jim Matheos

although there are many great artists in there, check it out.

now here's a thread worth reviving

i don't think anyone's mentioned led zeppelin's "battle of evermore", what a fantastic song that is, all the layered guitars and mandolins

also the song "dead friends" by a local (bay area) band i know, the coma lilies...all-instrumental, defy genre description. i've seen them live twice, and they rule. check it out here, i guarantee you won't be disappointed

Again, acoustic but not instrumental. Still worthy of checking out:

New Model Army - "Better Than Them" (my favourite band)
Karl Sanders - "The Elder God Shrine" (from Saurian Meditation)
Orla - "Winter" (if anyone knows anthing about this woman, please get in touch! It is one of the most beautiful tracks I have ever heard and I only have 2 tracks...)

How do you find these old threads without the search feature anymore? I guess you were "subscribed" to it?

Elton John – Madman Across the Water
The Beatles – Mother Natures Son
Old Crow Medicine Show – Wagon Wheel
REM – Half a World Away
Widespread Panic – Raise the Roof
Alice in Chains – Am I Inside
Corrosion of Conformity – Shallow Ground
Pantera – Planet Caravan (Sabbath Cover)
Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch – I’ll Fly Away
Les Negresses Vertes – Face A La Mer (Massive Attack Remix)

Bert Jansch/Jimmy Page - Black Waterside/White Summer, Black Mountainside
Black Sabbath - Embryo, Orchid
King Crimson - Lady of the Dancing Water
HP Lovecraft - Blue Jack of Diamonds
Ulver - Kveldssanger and the acoustics off Bergtatt
Arch Enemy - Marching on a Dead End Road
Comus - The Herald, Drip Drip
Nick Drake - Hell, anything he ever wrote
Led Zeppelin - Going to California, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Friends, plus the afore mentioned tracks (Tangerine, The Rain Song, Battle of Evermore)
Uriah Heep - Come Away Melinda

Beck has a good album with Lost Cause and some other beautiful acoustic songs on it. I forget which album it is though.

You should definitely pick up Bergtatt, their debut album. It has quite a bit of acoustic guitar, and a healthy dose of non-generic black metal. The black sections have a similar beauty to their folk parts, so I don't think you'll be turned off, and there are a good deal of Garm's clean vocals scattered throughout the five songs.
Highly recommended.

(Nattens Madrigal is also good, but it's quite definitely black metal, and just didn't have the same beauty as the first two).

[errrm, that was directed towards Silent Song]