Most Beautiful Acoustic songs you know (mostly instrumental)

:tickled: thats funny because in just about every single interview they've stated that they don't adhere to the major religions, they just use the concepts from them to get their point across.

RjBeals said:
How do you find these old threads without the search feature anymore? I guess you were "subscribed" to it?

I actually had this thread saved in my favorites list in Internet Explorer. It's one of the few threads I actually have done that with.

I've been visiting this thread for quite a while just trying to listen to all the suggestions...as you can imagine it takes some time. I just thought I'd bump it for the newer members.

Vampira said:
the silent enigma by Anathema is pretty good.

I take it you mean the orchestral version.

Pink Floyd - Goodbye blue sky
"" - Grandchester medows
"" - A pillow of winds
"" - Pigs on the wing (download the 8 track version with snowy whites excellent solo)
Nick Drake - Northern Sky
Blackfield - Lullaby
Corrosion of Conformity - Shelter
David Bowie - Andy Warhol

I second Gipsy Kings - Viento del Arena (with the Moorish vocals), that song is sweet as shit. Gipsy music is amazing. Minor Swing by Django Reinhardt isnt too beautiful, but its so catchy. I like Patterns In the Ivy I and II. Blind Guardians The Bards Song, it reminds me of a pub where everyone knows the words to this song. Every BG fan Knows that song. Acoustic Medley by In Flames. Part II by Darkest Hour.

And absolutely everything that michael hedges has put out. Everything.
Jethro Tulls acoustic parts are pretty sweet, i agree, ive seen them 3 times so far. there amazing live.

Pain of Salvation - 12:5

Outstanding. But it only unveils it's true beauty if you already know the originals.

one of the best all-acoustic instrumental song i heard in long time is "agalloch - The Wolves of Timberline".. on their split with nest.
also, don't forget to check out nest! great band :)
(this is also my first post here, but i don't want to make a big deal out of it.. :) )

The Leper said:
Jethro Tulls acoustic parts are pretty sweet, i agree, ive seen them 3 times so far. there amazing live.

Fuck yes, Jethro Tull's main songwriter is a fucking alien of a songwriter. Most songs you can't even tell it's bizarre time, with all the broken and incomplete measures and odd time signatures. Both him and the drummer are mathmatical geniuses.

Queensryche "Silent Lucidity" gives me chills everytime I listen to it as does.. OMG... Justin Haywayds "Now you're not here" from the War of the Worlds concept album. Now THAT is a beautiful and sttuning piece of art.

Only Human said:
Shadows Fall - Lead Me Home
Beautiful, its very unlike most SF stuff.

Sorry, this being on the first page..but what shadows fall album is this on?..as i own all three!..whislt the song "Predule to Disaster" on the Art of Balance album is beatufil...

Also "Whale and Wasp" by Alice In Chains deserves a mention

KRANG said:
one of the best all-acoustic instrumental song i heard in long time is "agalloch - The Wolves of Timberline".. on their split with nest.
(this is also my first post here, but i don't want to make a big deal out of it.. :) )

Welcome. Agalloch do acoustic very well. 'Tommorow will never come' and 'Haunting Birds' are some of the most amazing music I've ever heard. I'd love to hear that track you mentioned.

KRANG said:
ah i'll check out that split, i'm a big agalloch fan...i'm pretty sure i read something about them working on a new album, they need an official site.
and, uh, welcome...don't let us scare you off too quickly

thanks FUBAR :)
well, did you hear The Wolves of Timberline? song by nest on that split is also very good!! check out nest - woodsmoke.. perfection..

one more recomendation from me: Naervaer, album Skiftninger.
one of those "in the woods" bands.. great accoustic album. one of my all time favourites. simply brillant.

KRANG said:
thanks FUBAR :)
well, did you hear The Wolves of Timberline? song by nest on that split is also very good!! check out nest - woodsmoke.. perfection..

one more recomendation from me: Naervaer, album Skiftninger.
one of those "in the woods" bands.. great accoustic album. one of my all time favourites. simply brillant.
Nest is amazing, i love woodsmoke, it's so atmopsheric