Most famous person or musician you've ever met

BOTH martins?

oh lord.

i think even just the fact that something like this could have happened at any point in time anywhere is mindboggling. argh dying with jealousy.

I met Martin Lopez and Martin Mendez from Opeth, when they set up their tent next to my camp, at Roskilde Festival in 1999. My friends and I were massive fans of Opeth already but we didn´t recognize them (unitil then Opeth didn´t really have recognizable band photos in their booklets). Anyway, we drank and smoked (substances) with them during the whole festival. At one point they gave us a tape to listen to, which turned out to be a master copy of the next Opeth album (Still Life). It blew us away!
But when they presented themselves as the drummer and bass player of Opeth, we were still skeptic (the lack of photos mentioned above). Anyway, we had a great time with them, and we practically didn´t go to any concerts, coz we were all fucking stoned all the time:)

Here in the city live is quite difficult to meet someone, cause I'm at the bottom of the world and to the north side of the country, so there aren't many bands that come here...but in my lucky time I've meet the guys from Vader, Paul Di Anno, Pandemia and Dismember and now I'm preparing myself to meet Deicide, on dec 16th in my city, and I mean meet cause I always work as interpreter for the producers...

BOTH martins?

oh lord.

i think even just the fact that something like this could have happened at any point in time anywhere is mindboggling. argh dying with jealousy.

Heh,

I met Lopez again at Inferno Festival in Oslo, Norway, in 2003, and we were shooting the shit. That was cool!
Then at Wacken in 2004, i went to this Opeth signing session, and when Mendez saw me, he said to Åkerfeldt something like this: "Look, that´s one of the guys I told you about from Roskilde", so I (and my friends) obviously made an impression.

Regen Graves from Abysmal Grief :lol:

I don't personally go to big concerts, because I don't give a fuck and don't like it, so I can't have any occasion to meet famous people.

I met Dream Theater backstage during the Chaos in Motion tour earlier in the year.My brother does work for them so he was given backstage passes to their Sydney concert and was invited to soundcheck,so I went along too.Jordan Rudess is awesome!
I've also met Chris Jericho.

I met all of Children of Bodom at meet & greet after a show in Chicago at the House of Blues. They seemed to be cool. Alexi needs to eat more lol

Phil Anselmo slammed a tour bus door in my face after he thanked everyone for waiting in the cold for Superjoint T-shirts. The bus drove away before anyone could buy anything lol.

Back in the day I met the guys in Testament. Practice What you Preach tour. Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson were really cool guys. Alex Skolnick and the other two were total tools...

For the wrestling fans, I've met Al Snow a few times. Great guy. Mick Foley..what an ass. He'd only sign or take pictures with men or boys at the autograph signing I was at...

Back in 2000 I met Ric Flair in Las Vegas(at MGM) after a WCW PPV. He was putting them away at the bar. Awesome guy. His douchebag son David was there too but so was a very young and drunk Stacy Keibler..she was nice and hot. Favorite quote from Ric "David would you shut up, you're embarrassing me"

Ok here it goes.....

Met Judas Priest back in 1982 in PA, USA
Met Robin Trower 5 times
Met Johnny Winter
Met Rick Derringer
Met Judas Priest with Ripper
Met all the guys from Manticora ( Denmark prog band )
Met all the guys from Circle II Circle
Met Jon Oliva from Savatage
Met Pat Travers
Met Blondie ( Debbie Harry )
Met President Nixon Twice
Met Lou Gramm from Foreinger
and that's all I can think of right now....:headbang:

Well I met Fabio Tordiglione (Lead singer for Rhapsody of Fire) and Dave Mustaine (Megadeth).

For the wrestling fans, I've met Al Snow a few times. Great guy. Mick Foley..what an ass. He'd only sign or take pictures with men or boys at the autograph signing I was at...

Back in 2000 I met Ric Flair in Las Vegas(at MGM) after a WCW PPV. He was putting them away at the bar. Awesome guy. His douchebag son David was there too but so was a very young and drunk Stacy Keibler..she was nice and hot. Favorite quote from Ric "David would you shut up, you're embarrassing me"

I'm jealous here, particularly of the Flair one!

Haven't met too many. Hank Williams III a couple times, some "icons" of old school punk rock that aren't even worth naming. My favorite though is running into Sgt. Slaughter in Huntington, WV at a bookstore. What made it great was the giant chin and pink shirt combination. Slaughter was a cool enough guy though. Talked to him for about 10 minutes about the most inane shit. Seemed like he was pumped I didn't ask him a thousand wrestling questions.