Most influential people in metal

whitey131

May 2, 2005
People who redefined or took it up a notch.

Mustaine may be a cock and half but he is a riff monster and a half, can shred leads, and even claims to sing. I think he has sent more kids to the wood shed than any other guy in metal.

Kai Hansen - The Godfather of German Metal
Jon Oliva - The Mountain King
Richie Blackmore

Jon and Marsha Zazula should be mentioned.

I believe Alice Cooper is one of the absolute most influential and least celebrated Rock Gods of all time.
alice.jpg

We're Not Worthy!!!

There are many that can be considered influential to metal's history. But my list is of people that were influential in my own personal metal history and my musical idols:

Bruce Dickinson
Max Cavalera
Philip Anselmo
Lou Koller
Chris Barnes
Pete Scandoval
Steve Harris
Barny Greenway
Ronnie James Dio
James Murphy
Dave Lombardo
Kerry King
Dimebag Darrell
Rob Zombie
Chuck Billy
Scooter Ward

Ozzy: He's a clownish man who entertains people who doesn't care about metal but he has an iconic status.

Geezer Butler: What would modern heavy music sound like if it wasn't for him?

Lemmy: An icon like Ozzy but with more cred among metalheads.

Dimebag: A very good guitarist who influenced loads of people, old and young.

Ross Robinson: Produced a shitload of bands who set the trend during the nu-metal era, and without it more trooo styles of metal wouldn't have returned and become popular in the US today.

Steve Harris: A sharp businessman.

Lars Ulrich: Another businessman who is the reason Metallica became big, abysmal drummer and art fag but he knows how to run the ship.

Conrad Thomas Lant (aka Cronos): Wrote songs that both hippies and conservative, christian soccermoms could hate.

Jesper Strömblad: The man most responsible for the Gothenburg-sound. Today this has influenced everyone from mallcore to black metal.

Justin Broadrick: An inspiration for most alternative metal bands.