Most inspiring piece of music ever

Fuck off with your deification of classical music. Its good, its important, but it isn't some musical godsend like you like to pretend it is.

Hey I like Primordial... I especially like that song in fact. But you just put it above then entire fucking canon of classical music. Fucking ridiculous.

a lot by devin townsend.

resurrection by fear factory and the heart collector (nevermore) also. and cry of a restless soul by lost horizon is perhaps the most uplifting song i have heard...

These are all works I've played solo or in orchestras and started crying/twitching while playing:

Edvard Grieg - Piano Concerto in A Minor, op. 16
Liszt - Les Preludes
Beethoven - Symphony No. 5
Saint-Saens - Danse Macabre
Franck - Sonata for Violin in A Major

Awesome selections here. Good to see some lovin' for Franck and his violin sonata.

Primordial - The Coffin Ships

Classical music be damned, none of it can touch what this song reaches in terms of inspiring feelings of pride, loss, and determination.

"It feels like I've been here before, here where the animals lay down to die!"

None of it can touch what this song reaches? Well, I, for one, do like primordial. But, for me, Primordial does not reach the depths of such emotions which many classical composers touch.

None of it can touch what this song reaches? Well, I, for one, do like primordial. But, for me, Primordial does not reach the depths of such emotions which many classical composers touch.

Classical music is great, but for some it's not the end-all, be-all of music. :/ I see nothing wrong with what Mort said.

Classical music is great, but for some it's not the end-all, be-all of music. :/ I see nothing wrong with what Mort said.

Exactly.

I'd sooner take a guy/girl with nothing but a guitar and his/her voice than classical music.

This does so much more for me than the vast majority of classical music I've heard (and admittedly I haven't explored classical music as much as I probably should, but I'm in no real rush to do so.)

Last edited by a moderator:

You can all lol and look down on me for not posting classical music, but here goes anyway.

A couple of months ago, there was a blackout on a hot summer's night, so I spent the night listening to music while looking out my open window. When I listened to these two songs and looked out to the dark blue sky, I swear on my life I don't think I've ever felt closer to God.

/cheese

Last edited by a moderator: