Most Overused and/or Misused Words in this forum

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
What do you people think are the most overused and misused words in this form? You know, the ones you see here every day and make you want to tear out your hair because people use them in ways that bother you... I'll start the ball rolling, I thought there were far too many of these around here.

- moderation
- Melinda
- technical
- everyone
- always
- "you're wrong"

I had more before but I can't seem to remember them... meh, opinions are appreciated.

Mark said:
After a request from Opeth.com, the off-topic forum has been closed, and all threads therein have been moved to UM's general chat forum (a link has been placed at the top of this forum for your convenience).

Please note, this forum is for Opeth discussion only. Flame wars, personal attacks, and other disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated - anyone wishing to push these limits may well find their account suspended without notice.

This forum is provided (and paid for) by Opeth for discussion about the band's music and performances. Please refrain from using it for anything else.

deffinately "fanboy" and all it's derivatives and "gay"

And MightYa always uses the same words namely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
After a request from Opeth.com, the off-topic forum has been closed, and all threads therein have been moved to UM's general chat forum (a link has been placed at the top of this forum for your convenience).

Please note, this forum is for Opeth discussion only. Flame wars, personal attacks, and other disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated - anyone wishing to push these limits may well find their account suspended without notice.

This forum is provided (and paid for) by Opeth for discussion about the band's music and performances. Please refrain from using it for anything else.

There's soooo fucking many... but suffice to say when I see the words 'favourite' and 'song' in sequence I feel like killing myself. I also think the word 'fanboy' has become insanely overused and is starting to become a cliche almost as much as the Opeth heavy/acoustic dynamic.

If you spend a few years on here, you tend to see the same things recycled over again, and it really becomes tedious to re-approach the same topics with an open-mind for discussion.

Classic. That's not "classic Mikael" at the end of Ayreon trailer if it was only shot a few months ago. Seriously. You can't call it classic because Mike isn't known for goofing off. It's still funny, though. I'm also getting tired of hearing albums that aren't even a year old referred to as "classics." Classic, in general, means the best of it's age, and if you can't see a clear cut line between current music and the music of not even a year ago, the tag "classic" doesn't make sense, because you'd be in the same musical era.

*sellout*, *metal* (as in, this or that is metal), *classic*, also, the whole what is *true* opeth in terms of sound and style. :)