Most Powerful Line?

Heartless_Name said:
How do you know?? I'm just curious.. in my post, I addressed the fact (that warheart mentioned) which was he prolly didn't spend much time on the actual lyrics or gave them much deep thought but that doesn't mean a deeper meaning can't be extracted from them, even on a personal level. Agree?

What your interpretation of author admitted meaningless lyrics is not my business.

bobvex said:
What your interpretation of author admitted meaningless lyrics is not my business.

Well I don't think he's admitting it fully.

It's not a coincidence in my opinion that he writes about the only way to get away from what you're experiencing in life is to kill yourself (Mask of Sanity) and the fact that he attemped suicide because he thought his live was complete shit and he used to cut his arms. He knows what it truly feels like so it's easy for him to write stuff on that subject so as I said, he might not feel like that now but he can think back and just write anything along those lines, even if it is badly written in most peoples opinions.

bobvex said:

Perhaps... but he -IS- a drunken, uneducated bastard lol, he's gonna say shit like that to sound cool. At least you know that's what I think, he's said a lot of things that contradict what he actually does, if you look for them (ie/ he said if anyone quit the band then they'd break up and they did't :D thankfully). He obviously writes about SOMETHING that's on his mind, and draws from his past experiences and puts them to use to forge his songs. And those experiences are likely to apply (in some way at least) to other people. Human emotions are not unique, they're shared, and the ones he uses as the foundation to create his music therefore can be detected and felt by people whom listen to the his lyrics. Doesn't mean that they're deep and methodical/poetic, (like Vintersorg's lyrics) but they still mean something to him. And inherently others too.

Twitchyguitarist said:
...There was another line in Hate Me that also struck me as well - I heard the same tone and belief as I did in the first one.
"You could never give me the cure for the pain I feel inside".

For me this song has what I feel the most power and meaning because of what I heard.

I want to know what you all think. Is there a line from one of Bodom's songs that strikes you either lyrically or vocally? Why?

*nods* that's always been my favorite part in Hate Me. that's the first line that i noticed has more 'feeling' in it.
i also like the lyrics in We're Not Gonna Fall a lot, and the energy in the vocals on Hate Crew Deathroll.

<-Warheart-> said:
Well I don't think he's admitting it fully.

It's not a coincidence in my opinion that he writes about the only way to get away from what you're experiencing in life is to kill yourself (Mask of Sanity) and the fact that he attemped suicide because he thought his live was complete shit and he used to cut his arms. He knows what it truly feels like so it's easy for him to write stuff on that subject so as I said, he might not feel like that now but he can think back and just write anything along those lines, even if it is badly written in most peoples opinions.

Basically.

"Your blindly death raying blade
swept my griefs and tears away.
I can never go back to cross the line,
I cross my heart and hope to die."

There are a lot of powerful lines in COB songs

1. You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die

2. Could you ever kill the pain in my heart even though they say angels don't kill?
3. I'm living for my own demise

4. I'll let the wind blow out the light 'cause it gets more painful everytime I die

5. We stand once and for all, we're not gonna fall

Aint got respect for humanity
Never lived or wanted immortality
The reapers scythe i fall upon to obsure my path
Everyday i 'm being battered up until i bleed
You muthafuckas just let me be
You know that you can never give me the cure for the pain i feel inside