Most Under-rated Amon Amarth song....

Amon Amarth, Legend Of A Banished Man, Avenger, all their stuff before Versus The World really. They're not playing enough of that. Of course with another new album soon, it's probably even less likely that they'll play anything from OSFTGH, but oh well.

i wont die a happt man if i dont witness in the flesh the live versions of Amon Amarth, Victorious march, without fear, friends of the suncross, dragon's flight across the waves, burning creation & the arrivle of the fimbul winter. So this means i'll have to see them a fuckload of times to see them all, haha cool....fuck im wasted.

gekautes said:
"down the slopes of death" is pretty underrated to me

the intro - oh yeah! as good riffs as in "fate of norns"
the bass - hell! fucking! yeah! i love bass :]
the growls - "Down the slopes of death he rides. The eight hooves pound like drums. Darkness reigns the crumbling sky. No more is the sun" - yeehaw!
the drums - awesome
the guitars - nice riffs, though not AA's best ;)

but noone really talks about this great song + its not on the DVD
That song's one of my favourits.

gekautes said:
"down the slopes of death" is pretty underrated to me

the intro - oh yeah! as good riffs as in "fate of norns"
the bass - hell! fucking! yeah! i love bass :]
the growls - "Down the slopes of death he rides. The eight hooves pound like drums. Darkness reigns the crumbling sky. No more is the sun" - yeehaw!
the drums - awesome
the guitars - nice riffs, though not AA's best ;)

but noone really talks about this great song + its not on the DVD

The break in that song is genius, the driving bass line followed by the coming thunder of drums...goooooooosebumps. :kickass: :kickass:

It seems Across the Rainbow Bridge is slightly unspoken of around here, great tune, especially the ending, kick ass jam...always find myself headbanging to this song...

i dunno man, Blled for ancient gods gets played live a fuckload, under rated songs to me are ones that are not only spoken about much or heard of much, but also are rarely played live, blled for ancient gods is on a few of the shows on the dvd, where, As Long as the raven flies, a fury divine, without fear weren't played, and dragon's flight across the waves was only done once. Ah well each to their own! \m/

PaganThunder said:
i dunno man, Blled for ancient gods gets played live a fuckload, under rated songs to me are ones that are not only spoken about much or heard of much, but also are rarely played live, blled for ancient gods is on a few of the shows on the dvd, where, As Long as the raven flies, a fury divine, without fear weren't played, and dragon's flight across the waves was only done once. Ah well each to their own! \m/

Talking about songs they don't play live all that often; I was excited to see that Thor Arise made it into a set for the DVD. That is my favorite song but I know it's somewhat of a rarity. If it wasn't for the fact that I listen to it all the time anyway I'd never hear it anywhere. I rarely ever see it on anybody's lists of top5 AA songs or whatever in one of those threads we got.

yeah nah its just on the dvd they play bleed for ancient gods a few times, and the 2 bootlegs i've seen they open up with it, so i just figured it was fairly common for them to play it. Man you'd you be lucky to see Thor Arise done live again,i'd be hoping if they came to Australia they'd play stuff from every release as its neevr been heard here before.

\m/

AmonAmarth said:
I would have to say Arson. I think it's alot better than people give it credit for.
Who said Arson???:loco:
Oh, that song is really great: it makes me cry every time I listen to it (Train, at home, at a party...):erk: