Movie: "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey"

ms. anthrope said:
It showed again last week in S.F., but I missed it. I heard the interview with Mayhem is hilarious. It's supposed to come out on DVD real soon, so you can probably rent it.

Awwww, Isabel and I were there at the Castro Theatre! It woulda been awesome to see you there.

Great movie–it's not really gonna teach metalheads anything they don't already know, besides that Dio is beyond awesome, but the perspective of fans is pretty cool and there's some hilarious moments, like the aforementioned interview with Mayhem and a bit with Ghaal from Gorgoroth that has to be seen to be believed.

Pyrus said:
Awwww, Isabel and I were there at the Castro Theatre! It woulda been awesome to see you there.

Great movie–it's not really gonna teach metalheads anything they don't already know, besides that Dio is beyond awesome, but the perspective of fans is pretty cool and there's some hilarious moments, like the aforementioned interview with Mayhem and a bit with Ghaal from Gorgoroth that has to be seen to be believed.

You never cease to amaze me, Py. A young metalhead beyond his years for sure! Bow to the J-Fro!

KeithRT99 said:
netflix pisses me off, the never send things quick enough, especially if it's a new release.

it really depends on where you live. I live in Los Angeles and get em within a couple of days

Yeah, I saw it at the Toronto Film Fest back in September. It`s a must have for fans (and non-fans) of the genre. Rob Zombie and Mayhem are hilarious. Dio keeps poking fun at Gene Simmons. And there is a flowchart of all the sub-genres of metal, which from what I remember from the Q&A with the filmmakers, will be incorporated in the menu of the DVD. The Scandanivian church burnings are covered, but, that could be a documentary all to itself So, it`s not an all-encomposing documentary, but, it does a great job for its 90 minutes in length.