Moving to sweden HELP

Lycanthropica

Heaven's Damnation
Hi Vintersorg fans.
i'm from australia and some time next year i am moving to sweden to Goteborg. i just thought i would see if many of yo were actually from sweden. my Partner and i are moving over to further our band.
i have vistied sweden a bit but have always been a tourist.
i was wondering what parts would be good to move to and also if there were many shows with local bands.
if you like awesome music like vintersorg i also wanted to know what you guys thought of the band, as it's the main reason we are moving.
bands called Bane of Isildur. you can listen to it at http://www.myspace.com/vangaard.

ps. the focusing blur is a master piece
thanks!

Nice sound, good rythm section, great behemoth-like vocals. Some lead guitars could be made more discreet in my opinion.

And as a bassist, the bass lines are fairly interresting for viking metal.

Oh an Auzzie on the forums, New Zealander here!

I really liked the vocals, for some reason your song names reminded me of Amon Amarth, sorry can't help about Sweden.

Alec Walter Conway said:
Nice sound, good rythm section, great behemoth-like vocals. Some lead guitars could be made more discreet in my opinion.

And as a bassist, the bass lines are fairly interresting for viking metal.

thanks for your feedback.
yeah we had some problems with the mix which is why the leads are a bit loud in the mix, oh well.
yeah bass some times does not get utilised properly in metal, which is sad.

The Minds Eye said:
Oh an Auzzie on the forums, New Zealander here!

I really liked the vocals, for some reason your song names reminded me of Amon Amarth, sorry can't help about Sweden.

hey NZ where are you from there? i got heaps of mates from Palmerston.
yeah the ep is kinda of a viking concept ep so similarly themed to Amon Amarth. the guitarist is a massive AA fan too so that helps

Lycanthropica said:
hey NZ where are you from there? i got heaps of mates from Palmerston.
yeah the ep is kinda of a viking concept ep so similarly themed to Amon Amarth. the guitarist is a massive AA fan too so that helps

I'm from Palmeston North (I'm guessing you mean Palmeston in the South Island? otherwise thats a pretty big coincidence!)

Lycanthropica said:
thats to freaky my mates are from palmerston north!!!
they have lived here for the last year tho. small world

Yeah totally, thats crazy. Anyways man good luck with moving to Sweden you lucky bastard :D

I too am moving to Sweden. Upcoming januari that is.
I'll be moving to Umeå, quite a big town up north. It's a big student town, alot of parties, and plenty of local bands playing.

Three well known bands whom are located in Umeå:

Meshuggah, Cult of Luna, Persuader.

And it's relatively close to Skellefteå, in case you want to hit mr. V's hometown.