MP3 Download Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Dear all,

Please do not use this as a forum to provide download links, or services, for Opeth (or anyone else's) MP3's.

Although I appreciate you're all eager to hear the new release, please remember that this is Opeth's official forum, and it should be up to them how their music is distributed before it's actually released - particularly when it's their own community that is being used in this way.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,
Mark

Reactions: demon talented
I'm pretty sure Mark means not to post about how to steal a bands music. If it's your band, and you're giving it away, there doesn't seem to be an problem there, but you never saw Mike post a message on where to download the new Opeth mp3s. Use common sense.

Originally posted by Novembers Paul
I'm pretty sure Mark means not to post about how to steal a bands music. If it's your band, and you're giving it away, there doesn't seem to be an problem there, but you never saw Mike post a message on where to download the new Opeth mp3s. Use common sense.

thanks dad

Originally posted by abyssofdreams
well, I downloaded Deliverance from the Internet but I'm still going to buy it anyways... I was just too curious and had to listen to it and I still do ;)
alright, you and some others, the regulars of this forum, will buy the album for sure. but what about the occasional visitors who may discover the links to the mp3s and wont d/l the album?
i don't think it's that good to spread all that here.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
I'm fine with that, it's your board after all but I still don't understand why my 'favourite song' poll was deleted.

Because the album isn't released yet! In order for someone to participate in that thread, they would have to go and download the album. So keeping the thread indirectly promotes downloading the album. People should wait until the release date before talking about Deliverance to respect the obvious wishes of the band.

Originally posted by Infinite Reach
Because the album isn't released yet! In order for someone to participate in that thread, they would have to go and download the album. So keeping the thread indirectly promotes downloading the album. People should wait until the release date before talking about Deliverance to respect the obvious wishes of the band.

I understand this, but the original thread stresses on the posting of links or services where someone can lay their hands on the new MP3s... my poll did NOT do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.