Mr.V

i think empiricism is far more dark and moody then epic, and i prefer the guitar tones on empiricism. but both are equally good albums. damn i think i will go listen to epic right now!

:lol: You guys know what you say it's all a matter of opinion and not fact right :p In my opinion, I was pleased very much with Origin... I detested the idea of an acoustic album at first but I think it turned out beautifully. And not to put words in their mouth but I think the guys from Borknagar were too happy with it too, I read that it was something they were wanting to do for a long time so being able to put Origin out must have been a nice accomplishment for them.

I agree 100% with this post, I loved Origin (a bit short but oh well...) and it's certainly a matter of opinion.

I'm sorry you didn't like it Mr./Mr.s Cthulhu.

And thank you for posting those Funeral-doom, I love it but haven't really heard much because I've no time, basically :Smug:. Too many bands I've to listen to definitely.

I'll die and I'll never hear all the bands I want to hear :erk:.

I agree 100% with this post, I loved Origin (a bit short but oh well...) and it's certainly a matter of opinion.

I'm glad you didn't like it Mr./Mr.s Cuthlu

And thank you for posting those Funeral-doom, I love it but haven't really heard much because I've no time, basically :Smug:. Too many bands I've to listen to definitely.

I'll die and I'll never hear all the bands I want to hear :erk:.

Why are you glad I didn't like it? I'm quite annoyed with the fact.
And it's mr. :)

I said "one of the best", not "the best" :rolleyes:

That is true. I just automatically assume that when people say something like that, they are ravenous fanbois. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Rivfadír;6919301 said:
Why are you glad I didn't like it? I'm quite annoyed with the fact.
And it's mr. :)

My bad, I already edited the post. I mean to say I was sorry that you didn't like it, it's a pity; especially when it's an album of one of your favourite bands :mad: :erk: .

I made the post at around 1:35, so I wasn't seeing very clearly :rolleyes: :p.

Hello Mr.Cthulhu :) .

No way are those bands better than Funeral. They can't compete with the emotion Frode put into Red Moon, they play doom for the sake of playing doom. Very forced. Some of them.

Thorr's Hammer for sure. But I already knew about them.

When Funeral play doom metal on From These Wounds, it's like they had no intention of making it doom. That's how it came out, it was the product of their torment. It's like Thorr's Hammer said "I like teh doom metulz!" "Me too!". "Lets play it!".

But don't listen to me. I don't post here unless I'm stoned out of my mind. But with that being said I don't like much of Funerals old material, or much doom metal with generic female vocals.

Well, I might agree with you a bit on the Thorr's Hammer issue. I jsut think they are still good. But Wormphlegm and Esoteric are nowhere near forced. They're fluent and coherent.

No you're not. If you're ever in Oslo I'll buy you a beer. Or two... I owe you for drawing me and my biggest fan (mr sheep). I might even introduce you to some friends of mine whom I know you adore (well, if they are in town).
I wonder who.... haha

No you're not. If you're ever in Oslo I'll buy you a beer. Or two... I owe you for drawing me and my biggest fan (mr sheep). I might even introduce you to some friends of mine whom I know you adore (well, if they are in town).

And here I thought drawing silly cartoons wouldn't get me anywhere.
I'm so going to take you up on this offer you know. :p

AAAABBBUUUUSSEEEE ITTT!!! :oops:

Well me, Owen and Amy are going to Oslo in May (if I get my money sorted out and maybe not Amy because of her 965864 festivals). It's only £30 to fly there too so I could go tomorrow if I felt like it, haha. We're only staying in Oslo for the day though because we couldn't find any cheap accommodation there, only Bergen has remotely cheap hostels. Boooo :cry:

Well me, Owen and Amy are going to Oslo in May (if I get my money sorted out and maybe not Amy because of her 965864 festivals). It's only £30 to fly there too so I could go tomorrow if I felt like it, haha. We're only staying in Oslo for the day though because we couldn't find any cheap accommodation there, only Bergen has remotely cheap hostels. Boooo :cry:
What's a cheap hostel to you? I'll probably be in Oslo some time during the summer since apperently I'm going to Sweden for two weeks. :lol:

You should probably stay in a hostel, they're cheap even in Ireland. I'll probably be in Oslo some time during the summer since apperently I'm going to Sweden for two weeks. :lol:

Well I don't know anyone who has travelled to Oslo so I couldn't get any recommendations for a decent hostel there, all I got as some over expensive Hotels from a few friends there. The hostel we found in Bergen is around £15 a night, which is perfect for us. If we could find a hostel in Oslo for a similar price then it'd be nice since I would like to stay there for at least a proper day.

Well I don't know anyone who has travelled to Oslo so I couldn't get any recommendations for a decent hostel there, all I got as some over expensive Hotels from a few friends there. The hostel we found in Bergen is around £15 a night, which is perfect for us. If we could find a hostel in Oslo for a similar price then it'd be nice since I would like to stay there for at least a proper day.
Ah right well I'm sure Asgeir can point you in right direction for a cheap hostel, in Oslo! :lol: