Besides Mr.V.....

I sometimes listen to Mägo de Oz but I don't think the voices are similar. Their singer has an awesome voice but I see no similarity to Mr V.'s

King Diamond, Chuck Schuldiner (RIP), Simen Hestanes, Garm, David Wayne (RIP), Eric Adams, Galder, Abbath, Tomi Joutsen, Pasi Koskinen, Mikale Akerfeldt, the clean vocalist from Enslaved (does Grutle do the clean vocals?), the clean vocalist from Thyrfing that sounds a like a folky John Bush (is that Toni Kocmut?), Urban Breed and some others but I don't feel like typing more.

rammpeth said:
you know, theres this guy whos voice is nearly identical to mister V's . dowload something by mago de oz, its a band from spain, their music is like power metal with celtic stuff,,but the singer is like the spanish version of mr.v, maybe a little bit higher pitched

you must be kidding. Mago de Oz is one of the worst bands in our country... i would have never thought someone would be comparing mr V to the mago de oz singer... he doesnt even have a good voice, production can do a lot of work for you :)

Dead, Quorthon, Vortex, Garm, Varg Vikernes, James Hetfield ('till Black Album)... there are tons of names.
Power singers are great too my I think there is just technique :erk: while I like singers who make you feel something... and Dead was the best, no one like him :worship:

haha nice thread!

let's see...
pretty much every Borknagar/Vintersorg/Solefald related singer.

Warrel Dane - Nevermore
Bon Scott/Brian Johnson - AC/DC
Bob Marley
Ihsahn

hmm besides vintersorg..is there any other?just kidding...me...lol no just kidding again.i would say vortex,the guy from tyr,eddie vedder(did i just blaspheme),mathias blad,josh groban,hansi kursh,jens carlsson from persuader.

i dont like mago de oz,but when mr v goes high pitched he sounds kind of similar. especially in dark matter mistery

Thomas AG. Jensen from Danish band Saturnus - fucken best growler I've ever heard. Otherwise, there's no one even coming near Simen "God" Hestnaes