Mickelson and Digiorgio will not play on new Vintersorg going back to old style

amf said:
I'm sure as hell not expecting the new album to be a part II of any of the older ones. But from the scant information avaible it sounds like it's gonna be REALLY good. Can't wait!

Oh, and Visions From the Spiral Generator is awesome.

i heard rumour today don't now if it,s actually true but.
a guy here in skelleftå had talked to somebody that known the drummer that plays in vintersorg. and he had said to him that vintesorg thought that both borknagar and vintersorg is sounding to similar now so he gonna record a new album that sounds more like the old ones.
so if this rumour is true we shall excpect an album in the old style like till fjälls or ödemarkens son. hopes it's true beacuse i like the old albums more.

vargatron said:
i heard rumour today don't now if it,s actually true but.
a guy here in skelleftå had talked to somebody that known the drummer that plays in vintersorg.
Yeah that's real reliable :rolleyes:

George said:
Yeah that's real reliable :rolleyes:

Gossip...it's never true you know.

I've never said that at all...but, I really get a large dose of prog-rock in Waterclime so we felt that we wanted the metal element to expand on the new album. It'll not be TF or ÖS part 2...it'll quite ethnic though and have a more symphonic approach than spaced out keyboards.

So, I guess that's the news that's to say about the album.

mr V

I'd love to hear you sing and growl in your native lanuage again. Even though my ethnicity is different (being Eastern of origin) and I dont understand the language, I love hearing you vocalise in your native language. It expands the music.

I've recently come to the conclusion that English overall is not a good language for music of more extremities (I include classical, more so, Baroque music as my main basis here though).

Phasing of other languages seems to fit musicality far better than English. And really, English is a pigeon version of other languages anyway.

So I say bring on the ethnicity, it enhances the musical transportation.

PS: apologies to anyone if any offence is caused by my statement.

Vintersorg said:
Gossip...it's never true you know.

I've never said that at all...but, I really get a large dose of prog-rock in Waterclime so we felt that we wanted the metal element to expand on the new album. It'll not be TF or ÖS part 2...it'll quite ethnic though and have a more symphonic approach than spaced out keyboards.

So, I guess that's the news that's to say about the album.

mr V

is it true that both an Mcd and an album is gonna to be realesed?
i think i read something about it on the napalm records homepage that both an album and a mcd is gonna be realesed.

i think Mr. V knows exactly what he's doing and the new allbum will be just another step towards scientific musical perfection.
and i suppose Steve and Asgeir don't consider themselves 'fired' or 'dropped' out of Vintersorg

but hey, who cares what i think..

vargatron said:
is it true that both an Mcd and an album is gonna to be realesed?
i think i read something about it on the napalm records homepage that both an album and a mcd is gonna be realesed.

we'll see what happens.. we have' a lot of material. We'll concentrate on the album first.

mr V

Hmmm, I like the spaced out keys a lot! BUT, if there is a lot of symphonic stuff on the new album then I welcome it with open arms! I would love to hear a really symphonic Vintersorg!

VIntersorg has a very sonorous voice that makes the old stuff so epic.
He is also great with the keys. I love "curtains".

Mr. V, have you tought about using a female vocalist again? Cia?

ColdFusion said:
By the way...there is a name for the new work?
And how many months we got suffer of anxiety to listem a sample?
'Balancing the Pendulum' according to Steve DiGiorgio.

Now if it's less prog and more ethnic/metal/symphonic, then there's again room for those wonderful deep epic vocals. I am quite a prog fanatic so 'Blur' and 'Visions' are always first choice when I grab a Vintersorg CD to listen to but this haunting deep stuff like on 'Norrland' is somehow missing on the new stuff. ;)

amf said:
'Balancing the Pendulum' according to Steve DiGiorgio.

That title was for another album..the one we intended to do first..then we took some major decisions for the band.

mr V