Mr. Wu

eighteeschick

Jul 12, 2005
Jersey Baby
Thanks for chatting with us in the Gigantour chatroom and for what my opinion is worth, I think it would be pretty cool to have chats in the CDC eventually.

Yeah they asked and he answered. Hopefully the transcript will come out soon and if someone else here doesn't get to it before me, I'll see if I can post it here. Now I am paraphrasing here (and Matt Bello was there too so I'm sure he can contribute to this as well) but someone asked something along the lines if Bush was coming back and he said its absolutely possible. BUT then later on someone asked if he is going to do anything with John and Rob in the future and he said yes. Then someone asked about writing a new CD and he said after the Judas Priest tour. With Joey someone else asked? It's possible. Kind of like the same answers he gives here. I asked it Frank was back for good and he said that he has learned that nothing in life is permanent but that in his own heart, yes, Frank was back and they are getting along great. His favorite album he said was We've Come For You All. Does he like doing the songs on the reunion tour? Yes and no - he misses playing some of the newer stuff but likes playing older songs that they haven't done since the late 80s. Then one answer he gave (which I wish I remembered what the hell the question was) elluded to them touring with Megadeth next year which is interesting because does that mean there will be another Gigantour next year? Also, on a Megadeth topic, Dave is supposed to make an announcement of sorts as to whether or not he will continue with Megadeth so this could be interesting. Headlining in the US will probably be Jan/Feb of next year. Next summer they will tour overseas (I think thats what he said).

Remember, I'm paraphrasing here so its not exact words.

Well I just read a message from Dave that the Gigantour site will be static starting September 13 until Gigantour next year so I guess that answers that question. I'm already looking forward to it.

eighteeschick said:
Yeah they asked and he answered. Hopefully the transcript will come out soon and if someone else here doesn't get to it before me, I'll see if I can post it here. Now I am paraphrasing here (and Matt Bello was there too so I'm sure he can contribute to this as well) but someone asked something along the lines if Bush was coming back and he said its absolutely possible. BUT then later on someone asked if he is going to do anything with John and Rob in the future and he said yes. Then someone asked about writing a new CD and he said after the Judas Priest tour. With Joey someone else asked? It's possible. Kind of like the same answers he gives here. I asked it Frank was back for good and he said that he has learned that nothing in life is permanent but that in his own heart, yes, Frank was back and they are getting along great. His favorite album he said was We've Come For You All. Does he like doing the songs on the reunion tour? Yes and no - he misses playing some of the newer stuff but likes playing older songs that they haven't done since the late 80s. Then one answer he gave (which I wish I remembered what the hell the question was) elluded to them touring with Megadeth next year which is interesting because does that mean there will be another Gigantour next year? Also, on a Megadeth topic, Dave is supposed to make an announcement of sorts as to whether or not he will continue with Megadeth so this could be interesting. Headlining in the US will probably be Jan/Feb of next year. Next summer they will tour overseas (I think thats what he said).

Remember, I'm paraphrasing here so its not exact words.
It's exactly this vagueness that makes it hard for me to support Anthrax right now. If someone would shit or get off the pot, I'd at least know who I'm supporting. I went and saw Gigantour (granted for as much Megadeth as much as Anthrax), but I will not keep supporting them as long as they stay ambiguous. They will be back in town supporting Preist next month...I could care less about Preist, and it's the reunion line-up. If somebody would give me a straight answer about whether John was in or out, I'd buy my tickets for the concert right now to support Thrax (including Joey, if I knew John would be coming back eventually). But no, they give all this vague "we'll see what happens" bullshit, so as a result, I will not buy tickets for the upcoming concert, I will not buy the live album/DVD, and I will not buy the so-called "greatest hits" album/DVD, not to mention I will not join the CDC for a bunch of shit I used to get for free. If the band would have given us a straight answer back in April, on the other hand, I might have been the first in line for all of the above.

nafnikufesin said:
....But no, they give all this vague "we'll see what happens" bullshit, so as a result, I will not buy tickets for the upcoming concert, I will not buy the live album/DVD, and I will not buy the so-called "greatest hits" album/DVD, not to mention I will not join the CDC for a bunch of shit I used to get for free. If the band would have given us a straight answer back in April, on the other hand, I might have been the first in line for all of the above.

Well said! I totally agree. They talk a bit like women: There is no straight "YES" and no straight "NO", just "maybe" and "it's possible".......
After this chat we know as much as before. :Smug:

i agree also. like theres something to hide? unfortunately i dont see the reunion line up recording an lp. i hope they do. i really do. (that doesnt mean i dont like john) i just feel that the band is getting bored? what have thay played thats different in the last few months. should at least play some shit that people wouldnt expect and let joey do a couple of johns songs. why not? just my opinion.

I'm only making an assumption here but from everything I've read that Mr. Wu has written here in the time I have been here, I get the impression that regardless whether the band Anthrax records another record with Joey, Scott IS going to record again with John and Rob, even if its not under the Anthrax name. Again, just my impressoin. I'm sure that probably means people won't actually support the Anthrax band if John and Rob aren't in it BUT if its just music you are looking for, I get the feeling you still will get a Scott, John and Rob collaboration (sp?) in the future.

NFF - mate you have summed up perfectly how I've been feeling for months.......

who gives a shit. it is anthrax and they will rock whatever line up it is. By not going all you are doing is missing out on a great show of metal by one of the best bands in the business

nafnikufesin said:
It's exactly this vagueness that makes it hard for me to support Anthrax right now. If someone would shit or get off the pot, I'd at least know who I'm supporting. I went and saw Gigantour (granted for as much Megadeth as much as Anthrax), but I will not keep supporting them as long as they stay ambiguous. They will be back in town supporting Preist next month...I could care less about Preist, and it's the reunion line-up. If somebody would give me a straight answer about whether John was in or out, I'd buy my tickets for the concert right now to support Thrax (including Joey, if I knew John would be coming back eventually). But no, they give all this vague "we'll see what happens" bullshit, so as a result, I will not buy tickets for the upcoming concert, I will not buy the live album/DVD, and I will not buy the so-called "greatest hits" album/DVD, not to mention I will not join the CDC for a bunch of shit I used to get for free. If the band would have given us a straight answer back in April, on the other hand, I might have been the first in line for all of the above.

I couldnt have said it better myself..this is how ive felt about the situation with the band at the moment. Im sure youve made Johnnies day with this post :tickled:

nafnikufesin said:
It's hard for me to say that, because Anthrax has always be so important in my life, but i'm totally agree with nafnikufesin. The chat with Scott was great, but, he was so ambiguous and vague about the situation after the reunion tour. I was not sure about buying the live reunion dvd/cd, greatest hits dvd/cd and join the CDC, but now i'm sure, i will not spend another cent on Anthrax stuff. And when all of this shit gonna be clear and straight answered, maybe i will continu to buy stuff and going to see my favorite band. :erk:

I am not being ambiguous and vague. There is no answer. Do you have answers to everything in life? Can you see the future? If you can, can I borrow your crystal ball?
We don't know what we are doing past Nov 4 with Judas Priest. If it turns out there is no more touring we will get in the room and start writing. That's what will tell us where we are going. Until that happens, there's no answer to who is singing. If there is a headline U.S. and UK/Europe tour to do, we will do that and then start writing. That's all I know.
Yes, there will be chats in the CDC. It was fun.

Thanks Wu for the answer.....its so boring listening to certain fans that give it the old "Im not supporting Thrax anymore if Joey stays/John comes back....all that bollox....Perfectly true what you said....can I say if Im gonna be married in 5 years time....will I still be driving the same car...WHO KNOWS.....Perhaps thats why you were being so vague (just kiddin there)